4-1-2-3-0 TOTAL MOBILITY (11.2 and 11.3)

4-1-2-3-0 TOTAL MOBILITY (11.2 and 11.3)

Being a big fan of strikerless formations since FM2007, this is the first time I made one myself.

The results have been excellent and no other tactic as gave me such consistency and balance between attack and defence. The football you'll see on the pitch is almost a «total football» kind, as 8 players will always be very involved in the attacking process and 11!!! players will always be involved in the defensive process.

Actually defending is great to see as sometimes the AI teams have no idea of what to do with the ball, as the 3 AMC's will immediatly press the defender that recieves the ball passed by the keeper. Or as you'll see often the keeper is forced to bomb the ball forward as the AM's are on top of the defenders, and your DC's will challenge this high ball and immediatly starting the counter-attack.

Attacking will create tons of CC's with the 2 MC's and the 3 AM's getting constantly in front of the keeper completely alone, as AI's defence will be VERY confused by the inexistence of a striker. These 5 players are extremely mobile, always changing places. And the 2 FB's will always be there to offer a wider solution against very closed up teams getting some neat crosses that will meet the five central players, putting in some nice headers (if they have aerial ability).

The only in game change I use is to drop the central AMC to the central MC position, only if it seems you are loosing the midfield battle, or it seems that the AI team finds too many space between your defense and the front men. I also do this when I'm winning 2-0 and the opposition is comming all over you. Use this option rarely, and only later in the game, if you clearly «read» in it the above cenarios.

Now some considerations about the players:

Left DC: Aerial ability (for corners)

FB's: Good Overall defending abilities, crossing

MC's: Box-to-box style

AMC's: technique, creativity, speed, finishing

OBS: I prefer tall players in all positions as I feel too many balls in FM11 are disputed in the air, and tall players will always have the advantage.

I don't have any results to show as I started now a new game (wanted to start with the new database...) and replaced the old saved games but take my word: I've taken very weak Estoril (Portuguese 2nd Division) to the Europa League Final in 3 years. After that took charge of PSV Eindhovan in November, that had a record of 7 league games without a win, and were very low on the table with a 14 points gap to the leader. After taking charge had a record 21 consecutive wins and 1 draw in the final game, winning the title by 2 points!

First season with 11.3 with very weak Sp.Covilha (portuguese 2nd division, media pred 14th out of 16. Believe they are weak! (sign 8 players on free transfer)

Here it goes:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20267716/41230+TOTAL+MOBILITY+%28Sp.+Covilh%C3%A3%2C+Ago+2010%29.tac

some pics:

My attack with no strikers scored 78 goals in 30 league matches!!!!

tableq.png

No strikers and 7 ccc's in 12 shots!!!

resulth.png

Defeated Porto away!!! in the League cup semi-final

portor.png

Never before had 10 CCC's in one game!

61852131.png

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after 2 more games...I am southend, beated Villa 2-1, and beated Everton 3-1. I think it is a destiny that after 2 goals up, I always get AI hitting on me and concede 1 goal or more...

Not bad..... ive moved two of the atacking midfielders on to the wing, and the offensive play is some of the best ive seen on fm2011. Could do with someone tinkering with the set pieces and defending side of things though... and it would be a really good tactic.

Hope you are not a big fan of many seasons saves, since strikers are the most generated players in FM2011 (11.2), and with this tactic you miss the best players in the game...

Well, as long as they are skilfull, fast players you can always retrain them.

D, I had your tactics before....this one this time burns out my players energy from 100 down to 50 in every game...defensively is not sound, and attacking ok only. Please don't take it as a critics.. I am still testing it as I am still in the pre-season.

I can't really understand this. Sometimes it seems people don't have the same FM2011 I have. Other Tactics in the forum people talk wonders about simply don't work for me, and believe me I've tried all of them for long periods (mainly with weak teams, as I like to always start in lower divisions) and I can't seem to consistently dominate games. With my tactic I'm ending every game of my current save as the best team, even against stronger teams. It doen's mean I win every game, as I'm playing with a rather weak side, but no matter the result I end up with the satisfaction and the fullfilling feeling that the team did everything to win. Will post some screens soon, I have windows 7, so I have to change to window mode etc etc to take some screenies. Can I ask you people to try my tactic some more please? I'm doubting my own mental sanity... do i have a different game?

Having almost no time to play. Here are some pics of my new save (started with the new 11.3 database) with weak Sp.Covilha (portuguese 2nd division, predicted 14th in 16 teams). Sign a few free transfer medium quality players. No strikers, just AMC's in the central attacking roles. My defensive record is explained by a rather slow and weak defense.

Current results and table:

calendarnz.th.png

tableh.th.png

Don't have much time to play, but here's some update:

This was new to me! Never before had 10 CCC's in one game!

61852131.png

Table

leaguen.png

Results

calendarwm.png

As you can see, you don't need to play with strikers to succeed or to score goals: I have the best attack (2.75 per match) and the best defence (1.19 oer match) With Sp.Covilha (predicted 14th out of 16) I'm dominating a very competitive league!!!

I just would like to add that my tactic IS SIMPLY THE BEST in this forum, and that I'm the special one!

HAHAHAHA!! I just love this game!!!!

What a MATCH!!! A emotion rollercoaster!!! I found myself jumping in front of my laptop (in silence, the kids are sleeping!)

whatagame.png

Does this work in patch 11.3 dimartino?

As I said in the topic both 11.2 and 11.3, but with 11.3 it seems even better!

The main trick is to have really fast men in the 3 AMC's positions. Adicional skills like creativity, finishing, composure, long shots are also good, but secundary.

Hello !

I don't want de be carried out by a wave of euforia but these tactic is amazing ....i play in Romanian 1'st league with a very weak team. I'm about middle of the season with a lot of draws and few lost's not a single win.

I changed in this tactic last night and played 3 games and : 0- 0 , 2-0 , 5-0 !!!!

Ok maybe is mistake but i realised something else that is interesting : in all 3 games i had much over 15 shots ,clean sheats , all the opponent shots gone wide, back net ,over the post , hit the post ....but not in the net.

And one more thing my GK was praised by the media ,never happend before...

So i'll test more this tactic ,the only one till now with 3 good results in a row

I've been using this tactic with my Southend side in my 3rd season and it's looking quite interesting to say the least!

My first game with this tactic was won 3-1 and i had a huge amount of chances but i've also noticed that as i've gone on i seem to have a lot of CCC's. I can see this being a high scoring tactic but i reckon the defence just needs tightening up a little bit and it can be even better.

Very good job though and i will use it for the rest of the season to see how i get on!

D, I had your tactics before....this one this time burns out my players energy from 100 down to 50 in every game...defensively is not sound, and attacking ok only. Please don't take it as a critics.. I am still testing it as I am still in the pre-season.

You'r right ,my players finish all 3 games i played with this tactic with energy betwen 50 to 70 (max) % ,maybe because tactic use all players in defense and half when attack.

You'r right ,my players finish all 3 games i played with this tactic with energy betwen 50 to 70 (max) % ,maybe because tactic use all players in defense and half when attack.

100 % correct Jon! The players involved in both defending and attacking get wasted very quickly: DR-DL-MC-MC-AMC-AMC-AMC, but that's part of the tactics philosophy!

Hello !

I don't want de be carried out by a wave of euforia but these tactic is amazing ....i play in Romanian 1'st league with a very weak team. I'm about middle of the season with a lot of draws and few lost's not a single win.

I changed in this tactic last night and played 3 games and : 0- 0 , 2-0 , 5-0 !!!!

Ok maybe is mistake but i realised something else that is interesting : in all 3 games i had much over 15 shots ,clean sheats , all the opponent shots gone wide, back net ,over the post , hit the post ....but not in the net.

And one more thing my GK was praised by the media ,never happend before...

So i'll test more this tactic ,the only one till now with 3 good results in a row

In my save I'm playing with a really weak team and totally dominating my league. The tactic compensates the lack of individual quality and weak teams play good!!!

who needs strikers anyway :D

Since FM2007 that I simply can't stand strikers!!! The majority of them act like brainless caveman in front of goal, constantly missing easy chances, hitting the keeper, the post, the stands, the parking lot, well basically everything but the inside of the net!!! A particular match in FM2008 changed my life: I was playing as Man Utd against Valencia for CL. I had about 40 shots and was unable to score. Timo Hildebrand was MOM rating 10 and I lost!!!!! I even posted the image, people started talking about having cracked the ME!!! 40 shots were impossible, etc etc. I was able to create TONS of chances but unable to score. Then I grabed one of the famous tactics at the time (KIMZ) and made a 4-2-4-0 that worked like a treat!!! Created 10-20 chances a match and scored loads. FM11 seems to be a little better in this matter, but even so I feel that fast and creative AMC's do a lot better (my main goalscorer, a small zambian AMC called Sillah scores loads, and has low composure and finishing!).

Hello mate - I decided not to use it as I don't like Classic style tactics - I see them as too old school.

What would it take for you to re-create this into a Wizard style?

Well you can call me oldfashioned, but I simply don't like the feel of Wizard Tactics in match. It might be an unjustified prejudice towrds the wizard, but with classic tactics I feel more in control of the players! Not sure of how it can be done, since there is no classic>wizard convertion mechanism.

I'm gonna try your tactic with Ajax...i'll let you know what happens :D

With a team like Ajax in a less competitive league like the Dutch you will DEMOLISH the opposition!!!

Like I said in the opening post:

...After that took charge of PSV Eindhovan in November, that had a record of 7 league games without a win, and were very low on the table with a 14 points gap to the leader. After taking charge had a record 21 consecutive wins and 1 draw in the final game, winning the title by 2 points!

Just remenber the 3 amc's should be fast players! And you can retrain strikers and wingers, as long as they are good and fast!

Ok finally finished my season:

My attack with no strikers scored 78 goals in 30 league matches!!!!

tableq.png

No strikers and 7 ccc's in 12 shots!!!

resulth.png

The team statistics

teamvk.png

As you can see a DC that's strong in the air can still pull the trick of 15 goals a season!!!

Hey man!!

Amazing tactics !! I changed my tactic to this on December and I can manage to be runner up on Barclays Premier League.. I am Aston Villa by the way.. I know I have to retrain Bent and Agbonlahor to AMC position, but it's worth it.. I think 2nd season if I buy a better AMC, I can destroy everybody..

Trims dude

Sincerly I don't care if this tactic is classic or not ,in fact nowdays games are very restricted to tactics ,they forgot to play...football !

What do you want more, this tactic has almost everything ,defending, attack ,DC scorig, i had 3 games in a row win 5-0 ( one last night) at least 3 players score ,lots of goals, more money to club... ( at the end of the season i'll sell all my stikers) .

That's right Hetharia - now i have medium to poor AMC's and MC's ,think what will happen when transfer some good staff

dimartion i''ll like to see your team in 1'st division ...:)))

Honestly... I'm trying to find a job in a stronger club, because I'm afraid my club's low reputation will make things hard in the transfer market. Well at least the finantial situation will not help: I'm always in the red!!! But if nothing arises will have to face the sharks with what I have!!! Sp.Covilha will be dead last in the media prediction, that's for sure!!!

Sincerly I don't care if this tactic is classic or not ,in fact nowdays games are very restricted to tactics ,they forgot to play...football !

What do you want more, this tactic has almost everything ,defending, attack ,DC scorig, i had 3 games in a row win 5-0 ( one last night) at least 3 players score ,lots of goals, more money to club... ( at the end of the season i'll sell all my stikers) .

That's right Hetharia - now i have medium to poor AMC's and MC's ,think what will happen when transfer some good staff

You Jon and a few guys have been using the tactic and having great success (and it seems mainly with weak sides). Very humbly I say: just imagine if my name was «Mr.Hough»!!! LOL

You are the man! This tactic is HUGE mate!!!!!!!!

Played 5 official matches with ajax up to now. The results

Ajax-Twente (Supercup Final) = 5-1

Ajax-Paol (International Cup) = 6-0

Nec-Ajax= 0-1

Paol-Ajax (IC) = 0-0

Ajax-Groningen = 5-0

It's probably one of the best and offensive tactic i've ever seen. It's just beautiful, offensive, EFFECTIVE football. When my team attacks there are at least 5/6 players moving forward (sometimes on the same LINE!) at the same time...awesome. All the players get tired very easily, and if you got lots of matches in few days that's quite a problem :D I'll update you later in the competion.

Congrats man!

You are the man! This tactic is HUGE mate!!!!!!!!

Played 4 official matches with ajax up to now. The results

Ajax-Twente (Supercup Final) = 5-1

Ajax-Paol (International Cup) = 6-0

Nec-Ajax= 0-1

Paol-Ajax (IC) = 0-0

Ajax-Groningen = 5-0

It's probably one of the best and offensive tactic i've ever seen. It's just beautiful, offensive, EFFECTIVE football. When my team attacks there are at least 5/6 players moving forward (sometimes on the same LINE!) at the same time...awesome. All the players get tired very easily, and if you got lots of matches in few days that's quite a problem :D I'll update you later in the competion.

Congrats man!

Glad it's working for you. The «MOBILITY» in the name of the tactic referes to all the running around you see on the pitch! The downside: they will tire very quicly!! When you have 3 games in 1 weak just rest then 1 day after the games.

Archived