Majority of goals coming from corners and defenders?

I've played the pre season as United in the new patch, and it just seems that every second goal is from a corner or cross, and the defender gets on top of it.

It's a little annoying having Wes Brown with more goals than Rooney 5 games in...

Yeah I find on the default corner instructions - which actually seem to work fairly decently defenders score 100% of my goals from corners. I've never ever seen one of my strikers score from a corner. It's always a central defender. Still, they don't top charts for me, but 8 goals from 40 games two seasons in a row is sure nice for a central defender.

I’m not complaining, but the combination of Junior Stanislas (takes corners) and James Tomkins (scores them) has gotten 23 goals in all competitions. This is with the default corner settings. Stanislas finished the season with 28 assists, and Tomkins with 24 goals in all competitions. Mind you, I haven’t had many goals from crosses, just the corners. And as always, my midfielders outscore my strikers, more to do with my tactics than anything.

To be honest, I am happy with this patch. Agents aren’t as big idiots than they were, and I can loan out decent youngsters again. :)

From memory, I'm getting about 15-20% of my goals from corners in my current game. Often a centre back that scores them - sometimes a midfielder. My striker, wingers, and central midfielders pushing forward will score more in open play, though.

I don't know why my target man isn't more involved in corner set pieces. TBH, I never touch the set piece instructions so maybe that has something to do with it.

I’m not complaining, but the combination of Junior Stanislas (takes corners) and James Tomkins (scores them) has gotten 23 goals in all competitions. This is with the default corner settings. Stanislas finished the season with 28 assists, and Tomkins with 24 goals in all competitions. Mind you, I haven’t had many goals from crosses, just the corners. And as always, my midfielders outscore my strikers, more to do with my tactics than anything.

To be honest, I am happy with this patch. Agents aren’t as big idiots than they were, and I can loan out decent youngsters again. :)

24 goals from corners???? Ive just started a new game and in my first 2 league matches, the only goals have come from corners and my centre back heading in. Were you using 11.3 patch when Tompkins scored all them goals?

I get this as well with a central defense duo of Chad Marshall(USA) and Ike Opara(USA), they score loads of goals with a great winger set-piece regen. It happens on IDKs too but not as often.

It is because good central defenders have great heading skills and the autogenerated corner plan seems to take account of this by placing one CD at far post and the other at near, so they get the best opportunities for solid headers and chaos in front of the net.

it probably has nothing to do with the players and all about just where they are placed... as long a you have a decent header in certain spots they are getting the goals. the people with massive goals from CB I bet if they had a nice big target man swap places in the corner setup then I bet he's get them just as well.

it probably has nothing to do with the players and all about just where they are placed... as long a you have a decent header in certain spots they are getting the goals. the people with massive goals from CB I bet if they had a nice big target man swap places in the corner setup then I bet he's get them just as well.

Yeah i had Heitinga scorin loads so I switched him with Cahill so now it makes more sense him scoring them...still 5 goals in a row all scored from set pieces is getting a bit much...and only one was not at the far post. Considering people complained so much about far post bug strange this hasn't been seen to.

Archived