So what am I doing wrong??

Rangers. First season in charge.

Same starting XI as last year plus macheda, wellbeck.

Played 6

Won 1

Drawn 1

Lost 4 - all by 1 goal.

Really getting infuruated with the game as this seems to happen every time Montrose/Clyde and now Rangers. I do everything properly, sign players, press, tactics but can't win. After looking forward to playing the game it just aint fun.

So any clues where I'm going wrong??

Where you're going wrong is that cheating doesnt always resolve the answer. Macheda is on loan at Sampdoria and Welbeck is on loan at Sunderland so you should use what you have at your disposal, but on the other hand if you are looking for team help you can visit the tactics and training discussion and forumss.

I should say that it is my 1st ful season in charge as I bypass the first season until the real date time. IE/ with this game I 'holidayed' until March 8th.

Ironically, following my 4th straight league defeat to St Mirren which is whoey unrealistic I quit and started back 4 games from my previous save where my form has picked up.

I'm slightly better in the league and Ive had some good champs league results.

Losing is what makes this game fun. Whats the point of winning every game or most games? when you bounce back from many loses to win a trophy it gives you an incredible sense of pleasure and the feeling that all your hours of commitment finally has paid off. It really feels great. So dont get mad because you arent winning. Besides, its only your 1st season! so many things can go bad in the 1st season. Players not used to you, they need to learn their tactics, language barrier, idk what else but I would actually be happy because finally the game is not a piece of cake.

Losing is what makes this game fun. Whats the point of winning every game or most games? when you bounce back from many loses to win a trophy it gives you an incredible sense of pleasure and the feeling that all your hours of commitment finally has paid off. It really feels great. So dont get mad because you arent winning. Besides, its only your 1st season! so many things can go bad in the 1st season. Players not used to you, they need to learn their tactics, language barrier, idk what else but I would actually be happy because finally the game is not a piece of cake.

I agree with this opinion entireley. I know there is a sense of cheating in going back 4 games and going back to the same time with a better set of results, however it worked out well for me as since doing this I have gone on a massive unbeaten streak in the league, league cup and Europe (including 2 draws to Juventus.)

I'm not going to beat myself up for 'cheating' as 4 consecutive defeats (including 3-0away defeat to ICT as well as St Mirren etc) and near bottom of the league in the SPL in October when you are playing the game rwith the right tactics and an improved squad is substantially unrealistic and it seems to have sorted the game out.

Maybe I was feeling the pressure of managing Rangers.

Il keep you all updated as to how I get on.

Wrong? They need a better manager lol That's what's wrong. No but seriously, this game is tough. IRL it wouldn't take much to come second in the SPL with Rangers but management simulators tend to overdo things (tactics etc) to make it difficult. But still, you shouldn't expect to win all the time though.

Agreed mate - well after 3 succesive draws I have done it again after giving away a 2 goal advantage in the league against Dundee United at home conceeding in the last minute despite playing a defensive 5-4-1 contain, keep ball etc(for the umpteenth time this season) - putting me 5th in the league.

So I quit game - went back to the Dundee United game - I have won 3 games and lost 1.

I will continue to do this as the ridiculous amount of unluckiness that has gone against in the league is highly disproportionate and I refuse to accept it. Rant over. I'l keep you updated how things go.

I'm pretty sure irl when you get beat, you cant go back and replay those games in hope for a better result. Unlucky or not. If you do it will only be fair to reload if you beat the AI luckily too.

Well im now 4th, 10 points behind Hearts with 10 games to go!! Dundee United are second. Still in all cup comps tho.

Can't understand how I can draw to Juve twice and beat loads of decent European sides yet not beat average SPL sides.

This is a great game but the SPL is so unrelistic its not funny. Rangers and Celtic RUN away with the league every year.

Also 3 games against the Old Firm and lost every one, despite following all tactical advice to atee.

Can't understand how I can draw to Juve twice and beat loads of decent European sides yet not beat average SPL sides.

That might be something to do with your teams profesionalism or motivation.

Able to turn it on against the big teams but not the smaller teams is generally a sign of complacency.

Can't understand how I can draw to Juve twice and beat loads of decent European sides yet not beat average SPL sides

That's football and this game tries to capture that. 3 Reasons why that happens: 1. You're playing teams you don't play week in week out. 2. Fans. And 3. Weaker teams generally tend to up their game against the bigger teams

Edit: Stronger teams I meant

Also, they might not be use to your style of play (I.E SPL is faster and more direct, a completely different style of football to the Italian league or whatever. A lot more physical and less technical).

Lots of reasons

if you keep restarting when you lose, you don't learn how to pick your players up after a defeat; you don't learn how they'll react to a defeat; you don't get to bollock them and make them play better in the next game; in short you aren't a manager...

Here are my results pre: 11.3 patch

results-pre-patch.png

and here are my results post patch

results-post-patch.png

as you can see, after 11.3 was released my performances went through the roof! I put it down to several factors. Firstly, the ME now interprets my tactics properly :thup: secondly, I learned during the first part of the season how to motivate my players and how they react to "expect a performance" "pick up where you left off" private chats, press conferences, "player x must be stopped" and so on; thirdly (and finally) I put it down to the fact that I'm good :)

He may be playing 11.2, in which case Macheda would still be at United, Welbeck however I'm not sure... unless he bought them permanently, the loan would be cancelled.

Yeah thats true. How do I install a new 'patch' during a game.

Sorry I'm really new to all this.

I'm Rangers too, doing well, 2 out of 3 CL games won and just beat Celtic 2-1 away

In your first season??

I am have just finished my 1st full season (2011-2012) in charge.

SPL: 3rs

League Cup: Final - Lost Celtic on pens

Scottish Cup: Won 3 - 0 Vs Celtic

Champions league: 3rd in group behind Juve and Bayern

UEFA Cup: Last 16

2010/11 yes. Signed Lukaku £4m finnan on free Carroll as 3rd choice keeper free and sold Lafferty £4.2m and edu£3.6m. Just reached November 2010. League cup semi vs Celtic, 2nd in spl with game in hand v leaders united, 2nd in CL group and still in Scottish cup:) board just gave me £7.5m budget:D

Just started my new season and I was 2 nil up home to hearts and lost 3-2. Hmmm, think Ive been here before.

Absolutely trashing some Austrian team in the UEFA Cup though. Also, interestingly I have signed Desstro from Inter and re-signed Chris Boyd and neither of them can score for Marmite - not even in Pre-season!!

Gonna see how things pan out.

I know what you mean, your players generally tend to play better in Europe. It's like that IRL though. Teams generally play at a lower level in their domestic leagues. I don't know about this game but IRL it's mostly because they're not playing these teams week in week out. In other words, they don't now how each other plays. I think this game tries to capture this element.

Well just an update and the side have picked up form of late. This is my second season in charg, its currently November and we are top of thre league by 1 point over Celtic approaching an Old Firm game. Hearts and Celtic also sit close in 3rd and 4th place. I am doing well in Europa league and should qualify for last 32, however, was dissapointingly beaten by Dundee United in the league cup. Nevertheless the lads are doing well.

Archived