Patch 11.3 Makes MLS Unplayable

For us American's who play the MLS, partly to support out hometown teams, and secondly because of the challenge all the roster and financial limits restricts give us, cannot play an MLS season under the new patch.

The roster restrictions enforce a minimum of 2 academy apprentices....only problem is, no team has an academy apprentices on contract.....So you cannot register your squad and therefore play a season...

The MLS was took a lot of compromise to reality and wrangling to work under the old patches, but under 11.3 it is not even playable!

Hot Fix Please!

You could also consider using FMRTE. Not sure if it includes an option to make a player trained by academy, but it will allow you to change the squad selection after the selection deadline. Had a problem myself where the selection screen did not work anymore and used FMRTE to get the right players in my selection after I had holidayed past the deadline date.

I'm playing Colorado and started with 2 academy contract players... just shows as AA contracts.

The thing is they are only the really young players, 16-18 in most cases, and very questionable abilities for some. I registered with 3 AA, traded for 2 top quality 16 y/o's and waived my worthless one.

So it is possible to register you team, I question if the AI teams have to worry about it though since all the teams I looked at only had 2 each and I got 1 of those from two of the teams.

Anyway, by leaving space in the squad it's not such a big issue. To be honest this patch has done massive amounts to make the the MLS better in other areas. Staff wages allowed for some of the teams are MUCH better (not limited to 40k/y for a coach). looks like they gave draft spots a cash value for the AI to understand it easier (although the value shows when a trade is made and can be confusing), and there was one other big issue that is escaping me now that I know they changed.

I'm still questioning some of the AI and injuries in 11.3, little more play will determine if I like it or not. But I do think to improved the MLS management ability.

If i go on holiday for the day, i have no choice over what players my teem keeps and cuts...? :-( So to get around it, I have to leave to vacent spots in the roster?

Yep - leaving vacant spaces in the roster is the workaround for all of these sorts of issues.

It'd be nice if that couild be handled in a more obvious manner in the interface, of course - lots of people have the problem where a game is stuck, due to a mandatory selection requirement they can't fulfill.

Archived