Football Manager 2011 11.3.0f178533 has stopped working

The game stops working and shows this message 'Football Manager 2011 11.3.0f178533 has stopped working' whenever I enter a match, it happens after the team talk when the match is about to start. Does anyone know what is wrong and how to fix this problem?

go and delete the settings folder and the cache folder

i use windows 7 so it is like this

start menu> your name below your picture> set to view hidden folders and files and go to appdata > roaming > sports interactive folder

delete the settings and cache folder

it is working for me

Any ideas how to get it to work in Windows Vista? doing the thing you suggested here, does absolutely nothing for my Notts County game... it keeps crashing on 19th June 2022....

Sincerly

Dennis

Date specific crashes are usually caused by a editing error or some other changes to the database. Are you using the latest patch?

using the first patch as gamebase, and latast during startup (have it via steam). I get the same error 'Football Manager 2011 11.3.0f178533 has stopped working', though. but the problem only prevails at the 19th june, there's no problems if I play one of my other savegames...

Sincerly

Dennis

start menu> your name below your picture> set to view hidden folders and files and go to appdata > roaming > sports interactive folder

it is working for me

I got windows 7 but the problems only started since the new patch and once you get to the end of the english premier league season, it crashed with the message "Football Manager 2011 11.3.0f178533 stopped working".

I tried the above and it didn't work. It only crashes if you watch the match, if you skip the game it works okey. But it's boring just looking at the results and again, I've tried a old save game (which was from the season before at the end) and thats crashes also since the new patch.

I've reinstalled the patch again to see if that fixes the problem with no luck. I am out of ideas ??????

p.s i ain't using steam.

using the first patch as gamebase, and latast during startup (have it via steam). I get the same error 'Football Manager 2011 11.3.0f178533 has stopped working', though. but the problem only prevails at the 19th june, there's no problems if I play one of my other savegames...

Sincerly

Dennis

I had the exact same problem.

SI sorted it out for me.

Go here and read other users experiences.

I got windows 7 but the problems only started since the new patch and once you get to the end of the english premier league season, it crashed with the message "Football Manager 2011 11.3.0f178533 stopped working".

I tried the above and it didn't work. It only crashes if you watch the match, if you skip the game it works okey. But it's boring just looking at the results and again, I've tried a old save game (which was from the season before at the end) and thats crashes also since the new patch.

I've reinstalled the patch again to see if that fixes the problem with no luck. I am out of ideas ??????

p.s i ain't using steam.

I have the exact same problem, and the solution above didn't work for me either. I want to know, if you were able to fix the problem anyway? I really need this to work.

I had a problem entering matches, the 3D engine did not seem to work. I solved it on my laptop (Dell XPS17 with nVidia GeForce 550M), by turning al Graphical Options on. (rightclick FM2011 icon, then an option appears to specify with which Graphics controller the application is started. You can tweak settings in some submenu, can't specify exactly because I'm working on another PC right now).

Haven't encountered the problem since, hope this will solve the problem for some of you.

I had a problem entering matches, the 3D engine did not seem to work. I solved it on my laptop (Dell XPS17 with nVidia GeForce 550M), by turning al Graphical Options on. (rightclick FM2011 icon, then an option appears to specify with which Graphics controller the application is started. You can tweak settings in some submenu, can't specify exactly because I'm working on another PC right now).

Haven't encountered the problem since, hope this will solve the problem for some of you.

i cant see any option about graphics controller when i right click fm 2011 icon.how can i see?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what u mean start menu? is where we enter the game or what?

could u give the full instruction here please

it is working for me

it is working for me

it just worked for couple of matches for me.. so annoying.. any permanent solutions yet?

Hi

Basically doing what one of those links said to do has worked brilliantly for me.

Delete your Settings and your Cache folder then if your on steam:

Go to your games list

Right click on Football Manager 2011

Select properties

Select Local Files tab

Select Verify integrity of game cache.

This didn't work first time with me, I tried it 2 - 3 times and it eventually worked. I didn't edit my settings back to normal untill I started onen of my matches. Worked good so far, hope this helps. No idea what to do if your not on steam.

I have the same problem when I launch the game, I have also a Dell XPS 15, can you please clearly indicate the process you've done on your PC to make the game working?

Thank you in advance

I had the same problem with my xps 15, for some reason football manager doesn't like to run on the GeForce graphics card so you need to switch the graphics for football manager to the computer's integrated graphics not the GeForce graphics. You won't be able to get the best quality image on the 3D engine but at least it will play/

I've had this happen to me a couple of times and the way I've got around it is make a note of the specific day the game crashes, then go on holiday through it. 9 times out of 10 that means you miss a game, which is a shame, but it does mean you avoid the crash.

Try the below workaround if you haven't already:

It has been brought to our attention that a workaround fix may have been found for users struggling with crashes going to, playing or exiting matches. The fix is for those users who are running dual graphics cards and is shown below. If you have a nVidia GeForce GT 525M/1GB or similar card, follow these steps to configure your video card:

- Right click on FM.exe, choose third option change graphical processor (default)

- Select Manage 3D settings

- Here you should find two options: 'Program Settings' and 'Global Settings'. In the program settings you see select a program to customize where you choose fm2011 (the exe icon), in the global settings you choose preferred graphics processor - High performance Nvidia processor. There are a list with the different settings. In each setting you have to choose high or maximal performance on.

- Click Apply.

Thanks to user sergeko ON fmfan.ru, m.olley who we believe translated it and PW for bringing it to my attention.

Try the below workaround if you haven't already:

It has been brought to our attention that a workaround fix may have been found for users struggling with crashes going to, playing or exiting matches. The fix is for those users who are running dual graphics cards and is shown below. If you have a nVidia GeForce GT 525M/1GB or similar card, follow these steps to configure your video card:

- Right click on FM.exe, choose third option change graphical processor (default)

- Select Manage 3D settings

- Here you should find two options: 'Program Settings' and 'Global Settings'. In the program settings you see select a program to customize where you choose fm2011 (the exe icon), in the global settings you choose preferred graphics processor - High performance Nvidia processor. There are a list with the different settings. In each setting you have to choose high or maximal performance on.

- Click Apply.

Thanks to user sergeko ON fmfan.ru, m.olley who we believe translated it and PW for bringing it to my attention.

Can you please state what the third option is called as it does not match up to what i have, thank you.

I've not got the right graphics card to check myself, what options do you get when you follow the above advice?

• 9 months later...

Archived