Epic Fail!

Neither Motta Pepe or Quagliarela want to come to Juve cuz they aren't prepared to leave their teams for a rival.

EPIC FAIL.

Edit:Pepe and Motta's favourite club isn't even Udinese.The former has Roma and the latter ATALANTA.

pff EPIC FAIL.

I think the point is that they aren't big enough rivals for this to be happening and that they are all three on loan at Juve IRL and in the game!

Exactly!And not only that but have publicly stated that they WANT to join us permanently.

Well, there is a school of thought, that suggests Rooney should have stayed there, giving his (cough...) "love for the club". I know, I know, it maybe supports your argument.

But for people, the world would be perfect. No two people act or react the same is what I'm saying. Just because Rooney chased the dollar (or pound) doesn't mean every talent will do the same. It's all part of the way both in real life and in FM, there is randomness and reactions that you may think are "stupid", but are still entirely valid.

Sure but that doesn't mean bs like that should happen.It's like Rooney rejecting Man U to stay in Everton.

Everton and Man Utd don't have too strong a rivalry, because they haven't been competing at the same level for quite some time. Plus, they both hate Liverpool: "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and all that. That's not to say they're each others biggest fans, but there's the Liverpool, Man City, and Leeds rivalries of bigger note to your average Utd fan, I'd say. (if/when Leeds make it back up to the top table).

Whilst I know that Serie A has a little more history with top teams sharing top players, in England there have been very few transfers between rivals, except for old players winding down their careers. Schmeichel played for City, but was old and on his way out by that point, so no one, bar G.Neville, held it against him too much. Gallas 1. is old, 2. was never much loved at Arsenal

But transfers between rivals like Man Utd and Liverpool, Man Utd and Man City, Liverpool and Everton, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur (Sol Campbell is still abused for his transfer, as is Ashley Cole for going Arsenal to Chelsea) are all pretty rare.

The first time you press the continue button the game diverts away from the real world and into one of it's own.

Even in virtual-world, these players should want to stay too.

It's no excuse for justifying a bug.

Well, there is a school of thought, that suggests Rooney should have stayed there, giving his (cough...) "love for the club". I know, I know, it maybe supports your argument.

But for people, the world would be perfect. No two people act or react the same is what I'm saying. Just because Rooney chased the dollar (or pound) doesn't mean every talent will do the same. It's all part of the way both in real life and in FM, there is randomness and reactions that you may think are "stupid", but are still entirely valid.

Sure but just like Everton ana Man Utd Udinese and Juventus aren't rivals. It's like saying that Sanchez shouldn't go to Inter because of rivalry. And keep in mind that Pepe and Motta DON'T have Udinese as a favourite club.

Sure but just like Everton ana Man Utd Udinese and Juventus aren't rivals. It's like saying that Sanchez shouldn't go to Inter because of rivalry. And keep in mind that Pepe and Motta DON'T have Udinese as a favourite club.

In the game Juventus are listed as fierce rivals of Udinese although Udinese aren't listed as a rival of Juventus.

But thats bollox! There's no such thing.I'll ask in the data thread.

Its not bollox its a fact.

All you have to do is look at the information screen to see it :rolleyes:

Whether you agree with it or not is a different matter - If you disagree raise the issue in the appropriate data issue thread to be reviewed.

Its not bollox its a fact.

All you have to do is look at the information screen to see it :rolleyes:

Whether you agree with it or not is a different matter - If you disagree raise the issue in the appropriate data issue thread to be reviewed.

I asked there.The thing is these guys don't have Udinese as a favourite club.

I asked there.The thing is these guys don't have Udinese as a favourite club.

Having Udinese as a favourite club has nothing to do with your initial statement anyway?? You only state they do not want to move to a rival, nothing to do with favourite clubs of any sort! Now...., you can argue if Juventus and Udinese are true rivals, but other than identical home kits, I really don't see it. Although, admittedly, I'm not a big fan of Italian football.

But, as I said, and indeed you did also, favourite clubs is not the issue. Rival clubs are. And that is totally different.

The problem is this, plain and simple.

English programmers, programming English mentality into Italian Football.

In England there is strong rivalry and banter not only between fans, but between players. A "said" player will normally never play for "said" club if the club is a rival of any sort. Due to the fact that many clubs in the Premier League are in such close proximity there are huge rivalries between very big clubs. This creates a strong bond between fans, players and clubs which is one of the things that makes English football great - its fans and the atmosphere.

In Italy however, this is hardly ever the case. Fan's who although may be hard core, are also more inclined to stay home rather than follow their club to the death at the stadium. There is a much lower percentage of these type of fans, compared to English Football. Maybe this is due to the fact that Italy and many of its residence suffer from a poorer financial state or the fact that Italian football itself is in decline - it is not fully understood.

Italian stadiums on the most part remain empty for many of the football clubs and over the years there seems to be a far less attachment to the teams colours.

There is next to no loyalty in Italian Football, heroes from one club more often than not move to a bigger club regardless of the nature of the rivalry between the clubs. Players like Quagliarella, a devote Napoli fan, still decided to move to Juventus because he was afraid that his squad rotating policy at Naples might cause him to lose his ambitions with the Italian National team.

As stated, English football has some great fans, great rivalries and people live and breath football. This type of mentality rubs off onto the players and thus a lot of players won't move because of this. In Italy however this isnt the case and the only reason these kind of things happen is because people who write the code in FM2011 are from the UK.

Is it a bug? Not at all, but SI need to create different mentalities across different leagues and I think just like the dynamic league reputations, fan and player club attachment should also be dynamic between leagues.

Is it a bug? Not at all, but SI need to create different mentalities across different leagues and I think just like the dynamic league reputations, fan and player club attachment should also be dynamic between leagues.

SPOT ON! Oh,and one more thing them not having Udinese as a favourite club matters because if it is not a favourite then they shouldn't care.They are just mercenaries at Udinese.

Even in virtual-world, these players should want to stay too.

It's no excuse for justifying a bug.

*cough* He's complaining that they don't want to leave for him *cough*. It's pretty standard IMO. Unless Udi are gone into free-fall then I would expect to do a lot of chasing to get players to leave for me in the game. And looking up Quagliarella I think the player is playing off an old game as he hasn't played for Udi since 2009.

*cough* He's complaining that they don't want to leave for him *cough*. It's pretty standard IMO. Unless Udi are gone into free-fall then I would expect to do a lot of chasing to get players to leave for me in the game. And looking up Quagliarella I think the player is playing off an old game as he hasn't played for Udi since 2009.

I'm playing 11.3.I know where Quagliarela is.The point is since 11.0 he doesn't want to join me.Since 11.3 however Motta and Pepe don't want to either.

I'm playing 11.3.I know where Quagliarela is.The point is since 11.0 he doesn't want to join me.Since 11.3 however Motta and Pepe don't want to either.

Stuff like this happens all the time, no need to get your knickers in a twist over it. Just learn how to play the flattery game.

Of course it's epic fail, If the club it's not their favorite then they should have no problem leaving to a rival. , good example of this was Figo and Saviola going from Barcelona to RM and there's so many examples in RL like this, get 1 thing in your heads, most players only care about money.

Archived