Worst Opinion List - Assistant Manager is 5th?!

Never had problems with my assistant managers before in previous saves on versions patches of FM11, usually they go straight to the top of the best opinion list in fact so this has never been an issue for me.

Why has this happened?

What can I do to resolve any issue that caused the negative opinion?

Will his opinion change?

Sacking him isnt a viable option as I just recently got him and he's on a 4 year contract.

Actually he could have been. When I first tried to sign him he left the discussions after 1 round of negotiations, I was offering him €100 less than he wanted! I noticed that he had a short temper.

A day later I was able to open negotiations with him again (which I found strange because usually they wont talk to ya for months) and offered him his terms and he signed.

If contract talks broke down then it's possible he was a bit peeved off with you. so that is why he is on your worst opinion list

Regarding his willingness to re-negotiate a contract so quickly - this changes from person to person.

If they are unemployed then they'll probably be more likely to listen to another offer soon after the last break down, likewise if the last negotiations broke down and you weren't a million miles off finalising a deal then the staff member will be more willing to listen to another offer sooner rather than later

If contract talks broke down then it's possible he was a bit peeved off with you. so that is why he is on your worst opinion list

Regarding his willingness to re-negotiate a contract so quickly - this changes from person to person.

If they are unemployed then they'll probably be more likely to listen to another offer soon after the last break down, likewise if the last negotiations broke down and you weren't a million miles off finalising a deal then the staff member will be more willing to listen to another offer sooner rather than later

Thanks Gudge, I assume that he'll think better of me as time goes by like with my other assistants just probably take abit longer.

Does this scenerio have any effect on him doing his job, he's not going to start undermining me with the players or give bad advice?

• 5 months later...

Just noticed this same thing myself. He hates me, yet happily works side-by-side with me for years, and just signed a 3 year contract extension taking the first offer I made him. Good thing I have a manager profile screen to tell me what he really thinks!

They will eventualy come around, when the rest of your staff start listing you as favoured personal he should be neutral at least.

Had the same thing happen to me when i tried to fire a guy but the board wouldn't let me. Not only was i stuck with a super crappy assistant but he hated me as well.

Archived