January transfers in the summer?

First of all any and all updates much appreciated :D as i spend alot of time on the game it's all good :thup:

but......for example i start a Newcastle game, my best striker is Andy Carrol is it not? but he's a Liverpool player :confused:

I know it's possible to set future transfers so why arent the January transfers input like this? Newcastle's would be relegated if they had no Carrol for that few months i think....

I dont think i'm being picking, given Si's attention to detail i've never understood thiis

I agree, for me to keep the realism SI need to do 1 of 2 things:

1. Do as the OP said, keep the start dates of the game as they are but put all transfers into the future so they happen the same as in real life OR

2. Change the start date of the game to, lets say 1st February, and have all divisions set as they were in real life and all transfers in the transfer window having completed.

I think 2 would be a huge amount of data work for SI but if they updated things as they went after every few weeks of results I guess it would be possible.

Even better would be to give us BOTH of the above choices of how we want to play the game as well as the 1 and only choice we have now which is an updated database but starting in the summer before these transfer in real life have even been made.

I agree, for me to keep the realism SI need to do 1 of 2 things:

1. Do as the OP said, keep the start dates of the game as they are but put all transfers into the future so they happen the same as in real life OR

2. Change the start date of the game to, lets say 1st February, and have all divisions set as they were in real life and all transfers in the transfer window having completed.

I think 2 would be a huge amount of data work for SI but if they updated things as they went after every few weeks of results I guess it would be possible.

Even better would be to give us BOTH of the above choices of how we want to play the game as well as the 1 and only choice we have now which is an updated database but starting in the summer before these transfer in real life have even been made.

It would be do-able if they kept the game exactly the same for a year and concentrated on this feature alone, then we'd basically have FM2012 (FM2011 final patch) with this added feature

But you'd have no choice on how you build your team. Say you're Liverpool and you start with Torres only to know that whether you like it or not you will have crucial changes forced onto you halfway through the season, ie losing Torres, gaining Carroll and Suarez. Leaving aside the merits of the actual deals and so forth, as a manager in-game you've been completely dictated to after the game has started. Putting your own stamp on things becomes harder because you've already had these changes so you have to be mindful of what further changes you make and unsettling the squad too much etc, etc. It's more realistic, but less fun as you have less say and less room to move.

Ultimately though it does depend on which side of the transfer in question you're on as to what you'd prefer to have happen. If I was playing Newcastle or AJax, I'd prefer knowing I'm about to get a serious cash injection and have half a season with my star player than missing out on both. There's not necessarily a perfect solution - I'm used to this way as that's how they've always done it.

But you'd have no choice on how you build your team. Say you're Liverpool and you start with Torres only to know that whether you like it or not you will have crucial changes forced onto you halfway through the season, ie losing Torres, gaining Carroll and Suarez. Leaving aside the merits of the actual deals and so forth, as a manager in-game you've been completely dictated to after the game has started. Putting your own stamp on things becomes harder because you've already had these changes so you have to be mindful of what further changes you make and unsettling the squad too much etc, etc. It's more realistic, but less fun as you have less say and less room to move.

Ultimately though it does depend on which side of the transfer in question you're on as to what you'd prefer to have happen. If I was playing Newcastle or AJax, I'd prefer knowing I'm about to get a serious cash injection and have half a season with my star player than missing out on both. There's not necessarily a perfect solution - I'm used to this way as that's how they've always done it.

Agreed, it would be very confusing as well if you know your going to have players for the short term then leave, it would make no sense in SI setting the transfers for a future date

Archived