Dynamic League Reputation (I think)

So basically, i like to try and play as "sleeping giants" ie. teams that have a good history, but no longer win any trophies whether it be down to the league itself being weaker or just the team itself. I'm basically trying to make another league become the "best"

On the last patch, i've done a few games based on this principle - one at Penarol in Uruguay, one as Steaua Bucharest, and Santos.

The first game i did was the Penarol one, i won everything i could possibly do in the first season, and the second season i won everything including the continental and intercontinental competitions. I did this using mostly Uruguayan players, but i had to poach all of the best ones from the other clubs in the league, since you can't play with more than 3 non-Uruguayans in your team. After 8/9 seasons winning every single thing i can, even in the final 3 seasons i was smashing a Barcelona and Real Madrid team in the final 4/5-1 fairly easily (bar the 2 times i got knocked out of the Copa Sudamericana early on, and didn't win the World Club Championship either of those seasons, but they were early on). However, i still couldn't get any semi-decent non-Uruguayan players and couldn't attract even Uruguayan players playing in other leagues, a Luis Suarez playing at PSG wouldn't join me, and a very old Forlan kept refusing to join, along with foreign based regens and Cavani. Also the rest of the league didn't seem to be improving, but i put this down to me poaching their best youth, and them not being able to buy many foreign players to compensate.

The Steaua one was basically the same, luckily won the Uefa cup in the first season (and the league, and national cup), continued to improve by buying non-established old players or luckily getting young players that didn't really have any high potential. Steadily improved, won the Uefa cup again in the second season after getting smashed by Arsenal and Porto in my CL group and coming third. The third season i won everything including the Champions League, beating Real Madrid in the final - can't remember the score, think it was 2-1. The next 7 seasons i won everything again, except i didn't win the Champions league in one of them (5th season i think). The league improved slightly, Dinamo won the Uefa twice i think, and we were both getting some good regens through. Nevertheless, "bigger" teams would always make some awful bid and the players would end up wanting to leave for them, and i still struggled to attract the better players. (In the last 2 seasons i even cheated and took over the other teams in the final few rounds of the CL, just to make sure i absolutely destroyed them to see if it made any difference; it didn't...)

In both cases, my finances were mental - I'd have like 100m spare to spend and nobody good enough to spend it on. I've been told by someone that in each case it's because Uruguay, Brazil and Romania are down as developing nations in the editor, so they can never be a top league or something.

I was basically just wondering if that's the case, or if there's another reason why it wouldn't become easier to attract the better players to my league. If there is, can someone tell me what i need to change in the Editor? I've recently started a Flamengo save, but before i get too deep into it i wanna make sure the Brazilian league CAN become one of the best leagues in the world.

Also, i was going to do a Honved game with the same aim, but it seems futile if there's nothing i can do about this Dynamic League Rep.

Maybe it didn't make a difference because all the other Uruguayan/Romanian teams are weak?

I tried to test the dynamic league reputation by taking the weakest league in Europe (N. Ireland) and giving everyone ridiculous amounts of money. After a few decades, they had 3 CL spots. Similar with the Turkish League, it climbed to 2nd or 3rd place in the competition ranking.

Yeah, like i said; during my first save with Penarol in Uruguay i put it down to the league restricting you to 3 Non-Uruguayan players. The fact that i was poaching every decent Uruguayan regen coupled with that obviously stopped the other teams progressing as well as mine.

However, the Romanian teams were doing well in Europe, i even played Dinamo in the final of the Champions league one season, and they were consistently getting to knockouts. The rest of the league were also doing well, they were getting a lot of good regens coming through, had a lot of money, but still couldn't attract the bigger players

And the Santos save, there were a lot of teams filled with world class Brazilians - be it regens or real players - as there always will be in Brazil, but they were still mainly filled with South Americans, not many Europeans would come to my club or anyone else's. In the Santos thread i see somebody else has the same experience as me with the team, so there must be something slightly off

This is just a complete guess, but could it maybe have something to do with (in the cases of the Uruguayan league and Brazilian league) the continental competition? Has the Copa Libertadores' rating improved or has the domestic cups?

Maybe foreign players prefer playing in a weaker league like Spain, but because the Champions League is still 5 star and their domestic cups are still highly rated that may mean that they don't want to join you if they can continue to play in the other competitions?

I also turned a minnow (from Northern Ireland) into world beaters, playing in 3 of the last 4 CL finals, and winning 1 of them, and whilst I still couldn't sign top players, I could sign a lot of fairly decent players.

However, the Northern Ireland league rep was still only 13th best in Europe, which explained why the best players in the world wouldn't come to play in Northern Ireland.

That could be it - what is your league reputation?

I'd imagine it would take more than say ten seasons for the reputation of leagues and cups to become the best and replace the dominant European leagues. It wouldn't be something that would happen over night.

As for older players not wanting to return to their native countries that seems to be an ongoing problem within the game bit like the MLS still not being able top land your Beckham's & Henry's

I'd imagine it would take more than say ten seasons for the reputation of leagues and cups to become the best and replace the dominant European leagues. It wouldn't be something that would happen over night.

As for older players not wanting to return to their native countries that seems to be an ongoing problem within the game bit like the MLS still not being able top land your Beckham's & Henry's

i would say at least 10 seasons just to begin improving your leagues rep, to see big differences i think you would be looking at 20 seasons before the improvement becomes noticeable.

Stop cheating. How can you tell me you won EL with Steaua in the first season? That's pure cheating.

I won the EPL with Aston Villa in my first season, is that cheating?

To improve the league I guess you need to have a few teams improving, not just the two. How well did other teams from your nation do? And what is the current ranking of the Romanian league?

I won the EPL with Aston Villa in my first season, is that cheating?

You can't compare Villa to Steaua. You've got Villa Reserves players that are better than Steaua first team players. Steaua isn't that good to overcome European superpowers playing in EL in the first season.

You can't compare Villa to Steaua. You've got Villa Reserves players that are better than Steaua first team players. Steaua isn't that good to overcome European superpowers playing in EL in the first season.

In knockout football anything can happen. Greece didnt have the players to overcome the superpowers of europe in the european championship, but they did. This is beside the point anyway, it doesnt matter how the OP plays his game, he is asking about dynamic reputation.

Can't comment on whether anything has changed with 11.3 but on 11.2.1 it is sort of possible but it is a lot of years effort (20 plus).

You've basically not only got to get up in the high european competitions yourself, you then have to spread around the wealth and the local talent that you should be developing to your local rivals and help them to make an impact in Europe themselves then the league as a whole starts to get richer and better. It is hard and it takes time but then, frankly, it wants to be damn near impossible to be realistic. If you are taking a league like the Welsh premier for example, a definition of success wouldn't be the top league in Europe as it just isn't going to happen (or certainly shouldn't) but maybe top 10 would be a great result.

It is hard and it takes time but then, frankly, it wants to be damn near impossible to be realistic. If you are taking a league like the Welsh premier for example, a definition of success wouldn't be the top league in Europe as it just isn't going to happen (or certainly shouldn't) but maybe top 10 would be a great result.

Yep, it's not going to be piece of cake IRL either. The point is not in one club, but league should produce 4-5 teams which can compete in European level. In real life there's Celtic and Rangers in Scotland, but you never expect SPL to gain same reputation as English Premiership. Spanish BBVA have Barca and Real, but they're so much ahead of other clubs that Premiership or Seria A seems much more interesting and 3rd place in Premier means more than 3rd place in BBVA.

In 1990-s Serie A was no. 1 league in Europe (reputation and financially). Now it's switched towards Premiership, but these changes are not easy and quick to come. If anyone would choose making Romanian or Uruguayan leagues world bests, it takes decades for sure.

Stop cheating. How can you tell me you won EL with Steaua in the first season? That's pure cheating.

If he wants to do that let him, everyone can play how they want too. His questions about dynamic league rep are valid whether he cheated or not.

Great post by Cornholio4242 about N.Ireland with money, glad to hear about that.

I got some decent loan players in, and had a decent run; played Aris in the quarter finals, then in the final i drew 2-2 with a 10 man Leverkusen and they didn't score a single penalty :D

i would say at least 10 seasons just to begin improving your leagues rep, to see big differences i think you would be looking at 20 seasons before the improvement becomes noticeable.

I'd agree with that.

You just have to look at the Premier League since it's inception in 92 to what it has become and it's probably only over the last 10 years it's become as big as it has certainly in attracting the big big names.

i have been trying to cheat the system somewhat by making sure every year that all teams in scotland (the league i am playing in) qualify for at least the group stages of the EURO and Champs league group stages to try and speed this process up a bit, but its very difficult, even with my relative success (three times out the champs league group stages and one EURO cup victory after 9 seasons) i have only increased the leauge by half a star and we are still behind Turkey overall so no extra euro places. Im hoping in the next year or two we can over take turkey but the other scottish teams are so bad in europe, even if i cheat them into the group stages they are barely winning any games. After another 10 seasons i would hope to see some noticeable improvements.

Is it just the timescale that people think the problem is then? I assumed over almost 10 years of winning basically everything, and teams in my league progressively doing a lot better in continental competitions that it would be enough to change it

Is it just the timescale that people think the problem is then? I assumed over almost 10 years of winning basically everything, and teams in my league progressively doing a lot better in continental competitions that it would be enough to change it

what you have to remember is, if its just you winning, then it wont help the rep as much as you would imagine, because the other teams are letting you down, it has to be a national improvement not just one team. Inter won everything in the world they could last year, but you wouldnt say the rep of Italy improved because of it, however if they had won it, AC got to the final and say Roma won the EURO cup people would have taken more notice.

• Administrators

Don't forget its not just your team performing, it is teams in your nation performing well in continental competitions also, as well as those in higher leagues and nations performing worse.

The co-efficients themselves work so it is really going to take more than 10 years, because it works on previous performances of all teams, not just your own.

In six seasons i've seen the irish premier division jump up to be just outside the top 50 european leagues, i think it was somewhere around 100 at the start. I also saw another thread a while back where someone managing Anderlecht had helped make the Belgian league the third or fourth best league in world.

Yeah i mentioned that in the first post in the Steaua game, Dinamo won the Uefa cup twice and were getting past the groups in the CL (when they were actually in it, if it put them in earlier they'd have done well too)

The Penarol game, admittedly i was the only team performing on a scale outside of the Uruguayan league, so that's why i didn't think it progressed

In six seasons i've seen the irish premier division jump up to be just outside the top 50 european leagues, i think it was somewhere around 100 at the start. I also saw another thread a while back where someone managing Anderlecht had helped make the Belgian league the third or fourth best league in world.

Could you find the Anderlecht post/thread please?

The only common factor all the leagues i've mentioned so far have in common is that they're not down as fully developed countries, and that's what keeps getting thrown at me :(

Could you find the Anderlecht post/thread please?

The only common factor all the leagues i've mentioned so far have in common is that they're not down as fully developed countries, and that's what keeps getting thrown at me :(

surprisingly i found it with a search, thought it would be buried.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/241216-DLR-needs-to-be-Tweaked-a-bit?highlight=anderlecht

Scroll down a bit and there are screenshots.

I kind of feel your frustration moon_goat. I managed Santos a few months ago and got to 2017, winning the Copa Libertadores every year, First Division every year bar 2011 and the World Club Cup twice as well as appearing in every World Club Cup final.

Brazilian teams in general performed better in the competitions; they advanced further, especially in the Copa Libertadores and they attracted better players than other South American nations.

Oddly though, Brazil was still behind Argentina in the Competition Rankings, so rated the 2nd best League in South America.

I made Santos so successful that we saw around £35m a year arriving in Sponsorship when i got bored with the game, but our reputation wouldn't advance further past a high 'Continental' rating because of the League rating "capping" us.

I didn't expect overnight changes, but expected to be the best League in South America, which we were not. Since there is no UEFA Co-efficient system that's viewable for the rest of the world, i had no idea how close or indeed how far apart Brazil was from Argentina.

In 6 seasons of good European football Iceland have become much better in my game. They are still not all winning super power, far off. But last season I beat OL, Juventus and only lost to Barce 4-0 over 2 legs. We are getting better :)

I kind of feel your frustration moon_goat. I managed Santos a few months ago and got to 2017, winning the Copa Libertadores every year, First Division every year bar 2011 and the World Club Cup twice as well as appearing in every World Club Cup final.

Brazilian teams in general performed better in the competitions; they advanced further, especially in the Copa Libertadores and they attracted better players than other South American nations.

Oddly though, Brazil was still behind Argentina in the Competition Rankings, so rated the 2nd best League in South America.

I made Santos so successful that we saw around £35m a year arriving in Sponsorship when i got bored with the game, but our reputation wouldn't advance further past a high 'Continental' rating because of the League rating "capping" us.

I didn't expect overnight changes, but expected to be the best League in South America, which we were not. Since there is no UEFA Co-efficient system that's viewable for the rest of the world, i had no idea how close or indeed how far apart Brazil was from Argentina.

Yeah, i experienced pretty much the same thing as you, but after reading your thread i stopped playing as Santos :( It's so disappointing because it would give you the greatest sense of achievement to completely change the face of global football, but it didn't seem to work for either of us

Even in my Penarol game, the Uruguayan league was FAR behind both Brazilian and Argentinian leagues

I would have carried it on further, but there just wasn't any challenge anymore as we dominated South American football, but got nowhere on the world stage.

I'm not quite sure how the game can compare Brazil to say, Belgium, when we're both in different Continental qualifications, but i'd hope that over time there would be some difference.

You did touch on a point that i raised in a thread a while back (which didn't get many intelligent responses!) and that is how developing nations can progress. Is that ultimately going to hold Santos back? Can a nation progress to developed in FM? Can economies change? Or does it have no impact whatsoever?

Yeah i stopped playing after i realised how your game was going, however i've just changed the country status in Brazil, Romania and Hungary to developed in the Editor. I'm gonna have a game in one of those countries, and see if it is actually what makes the difference in being able to attract big players and help the rest of the league out

I've honestly no idea if economies or countries can develop in FM, or if they can then that would be the thing that would surely take decades and a lot of luck (rendering DLR next to impossible in the developing countries)

Maybe someone can inform us if nations themselves can progress though, and if it does play a factor in determining the league's standing (I'd assume it does)

The thing to remember guys is this is a first incarnation of the DLR, i would imagine this feature will develop over the next few versions, which hopefully may include economic progress, but as i am sure you can imagine it would be very very difficult to program this, there will be a lot more than just football that would affect the economic development of a county or even to a greater extent a continent. i know they worked on this version of the DLR for a long time before deciding it was good enough to be released in the game.

Do either of you guys have a save of these games, i would be quite interested in taking up where you have left it and giving it another 15-20 years to see how far you can actually progress through this feature.

Yeah i'm not too bothered about whether in whichever country's economies it's exactly realistic to say the league can become one of the best, and i understand how difficult it is to program it.

That's why i'm asking which factors determine it, and if it was to do with the country not being developed or other factors - so i can simply change them in the editor if one of the developers or anybody knows what to change, then i can play through the game normally but knowing that i can achieve something eventually :p

Swisso uploaded his game in the Santos here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/442427474/2017.03.29.fm

and the thread is http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/244341-FM11-Santos-FC-Home-of-the-fish./page2

I deleted mine when the new patch came out, but before i get deep into a new one i wanna change what i need to in the editor :D

For some reason the file has gone (inactivity) but ill try and upload another soon (it's a pretty big file with Brazi, Argentina and all of Europe :D )

ah ok cheers mate, if possible give me a shout when you have managed to upload it again i would really like to give this a bash, its a feature i really want to explore in the game, im going to keep my long term scotland game going and see the differences with this feature in europe and south america.

Archived