Got really fustrated with the game for the first time

I'm Liverpool with the latest update, made some good signings, using the 48 month method(I'm gambling that the signings will pay off long term), so I've got the likes of Podolski, Olic, Hazard, plus a few others in my team. We're creating chances, but none of my strikers can finish for the life of them, I've had these players before, and it's beginning to feel as if the game is conspiring to stop me scoring. Also, I'm using the same tactics I used with similar players before, which gave me possession football and made the opposition chase the ball, but now my players keep losing the ball and let the opposition waltz through my defence. I've been losing to rubbish teams, and I have no idea what to do. I actually resigned in fustration after my last game I was that angry, I just don't get it. Carroll and Suarez should be scoring for fun between them, they've got about 3 in 10 games.

I'm pretty much just ranting and getting it off my chest in this thread, I know the game isn't against me, I'm just annoyed.

I guess you need to fine tune your tactics. Its a slightly different ME. I'm actually doing slightly better than before the patch because the ME seems to suit my tactics even more. Last year it was the other way round for me 2.

thats normally the worse thing about the new patch, you spend all that time fine tuning a tactic to work, then the ME changes and you need to refine tune it.

Give your players some time to gel (and use the team blend match prep option). You've got two brand new strikers, as well as many other new faces it sounds like. It will probably take them at least a good quarter of the season to get used to playing with each other.

Perhaps change your tactics up and use more direct passing for awhile until they are all settled. Short passing is great for keeping possession, but also means there lots more passes to give away if everyone isn't on the same page.

Stay patient and it should all work itself out. I can't say I mind seeing Liverpool struggle though :p

Archived