cant rollback to 11.2.1

i updated to patch 1.3 to check it out but want to go back to 1.2, usually you just have to uninstall the game and re-install with 1.2, but when i do that, installing fresh and trying to install patch 1.2 it says "Unable to update football manager. installed version is newer than this update (#2)"

i have been trying to fix this for hours, uninstalled multiple times, tried previous patches, tried deleting all user files and cache, restarted pc in between un-install and re-installs, tried installing on another hard drive etc

i assume it still knows i installed 1.3 so wont install a older patch but why after re-install?

i would stick with 1.3 but i want to use fmrte

ps. its disk version and the disk is in the drive

WHy would you want to go back? The 11.3 is so much better than 11.2.1.

because i want to use fmrte and there isnt a compatible version. (i can and have played the game without it! just want to use it in my current save)

Wait until a new FMRTE version is available.

thats next week. i know i can wait or play on 1.3 its just annoying as i was in the middle of doing something. seems like a problem that should be fixable, just need to find out what data fm is leaving behind after uninstall

it shouldnt be an issue to roll back, if the new patch had had big problems it would mean the game was unplayable

1. I would suggest that you uninstall the game again via 'add/remove programs'

2. Then search on your PC (click on the start orb - then in 'start search' input Football Manager, and then after Sports Interactive') and delete any folders that have been left over from the game.

3. After doing this (if you feel confident enough) go into the registry and delete the relevant entries (the below link gives you the official way to do this from SI):

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ?p=6066655&viewfull=1#post6066655

That should definately rid your system of the game.

If you don't want to edit the registry yourself you could try points 1 and 2 first and if it doesn't work then download something like CCleaner and do the Registry scan via that and it should rid the registry entries automatically for you.

Archived