It's happened....AGAIN!

With 1 minutes stoppage time, my opposition get a free kick on 48:23. Ok why is it still going on?! No stoppages or anything. And don't say this is realistic, maybe it is, but im doing the realistic manager reaction by complaining. If this happened to a manager in real life he would moan at the referee in his press conference.

You guessed it they scored from it...oh did i mention the guy who nodded in neatly had 5 heading and 3 jumping.

Lovely :)

I agree on this one. One thing that consistently annoys me is that when the AI is behind you are treated to the final 4 or 5 minutes in glorious details, without it ever going off, plus the injury time. If you are behind and need a goal, it very often skips the tension building last few minutes all together.

You do get ridiculous injury times as well. I had one recently where I was 1-0 up at 89 minutes. It comes up announcing two minutes of injury time. The game goes on, still never going off, no subs, no injuries, no time wasting set to maximum. The game goes on until the 97th minute when they score. Now I've not got a problem with that happening provided:

a) You can vent your fury and call the referee bent in the press interview post-match

b) There is a media item about it like there often is in real life discussing the controversy

so somebody with 5 heading should never be able to score? /facepalm

and the above post aboout last minute highlights favouring the AI, i agree, it favours the AI to the human user (no im not saying it makes the AI win, just that whenever im losing a match which im still able to claim a point in/go through with that vital away goal, the game almost always skips the last few minutes, whereas if im winning a game by a large margin i only see a highlight at the end if im scoring or showing one of the many chances my team crated)

already posted it in the bugs forum and it got dismissed, so i have no problem with it since i was in the minority experiencing it

so somebody with 5 heading should never be able to score? /facepalm

That has not been said. He was adding irony to his post with that. It's the time issue which needs to be resolved IMO. If they are going to extend the game like this, and it happens in real life sometimes so I've no problem with it, they should then have it raised as a media/interview item and depending on the scenario it should be a controversial incident etc.

I've noticed that too, the AI will dominate in the last 5 minutes or something, most notibily when you're narrowly winning, it's like there's a forcefield conspiring against you and the time absolutely drags in sometimes. 5 minutes to go and you're actually waiting 5 minutes. But when you're fighting to get back into the game the game tends to fly in.

i think they implemented it to create manager tension

Yeah, clearly and it works too. I'm often told off for throwing a volley of panicked swearing at the screen at those last 2 minutes become a last 7 minutes and my players concede corner after corner.

I agree on this one. One thing that consistently annoys me is that when the AI is behind you are treated to the final 4 or 5 minutes in glorious details, without it ever going off, plus the injury time. If you are behind and need a goal, it very often skips the tension building last few minutes all together.

You do get ridiculous injury times as well. I had one recently where I was 1-0 up at 89 minutes. It comes up announcing two minutes of injury time. The game goes on, still never going off, no subs, no injuries, no time wasting set to maximum. The game goes on until the 97th minute when they score. Now I've not got a problem with that happening provided:

a) You can vent your fury and call the referee bent in the press interview post-match

b) There is a media item about it like there often is in real life discussing the controversy

Couldn't agree more. One of the best points made on here.

That is the trouble with this game and in my opinion why it hasn't moved forward much inrecent years. Yes it looks fancier but so what, bring substance to the game not a new fancy layout every year.

"If you are behind and need a goal, it very often skips the tension building last few minutes all together"

I think that's down to the fact that the computer can't feel tension. They're trying to put the user, the human, in the shoes of a manager. I think it slightly over does it though

Archived