A pointless thread this one but one I just wanted to make.

I just wanted to say thank you. FM 2011 is now the best football game I've played, it plays like a football management game in my imagination should play, and comparing it to an old SI game I've got installed (CM 2001/2002), it feels like such an amazing evolution. Looking how far the game has come is truly amazing, and the features that have been added is something the SI team should be proud of.

I remember these forums back when the 2D pitch was introduced dreaming about future versions, and I remember very vividly someone posting a wishlist containing a 3D pitch, press conferences, hugely detailed player interactions, feeder clubs, etc and someone else posting saying "Good idea, but this is only a computer game, there's limitations to how realistic it can be."

Looking at FM 11 now, this is the game that most people on this forum dreamed about years ago.

I think the biggest compliment I can give is that I loaded it up earlier, and started a new game, and played for around 5 hours, and couldnt stop thinking how well the game "just works". That sounds a bit understated but the only thing I ever want anything to do is just work. I can break most things. Windows 7 for example, I could probably get a blue screen of death in about 2 minutes if I really tried. FM just works for me, and it's brilliant.

And just to end this fawning post, I'd like to make the point that I've noticed people from SI commenting on a lot more threads today in the forum. Clearly, this was a reaction to the patch being released, but I think they should keep that up. I'm so tired of threads degenerating into slanging matches because people argue and having SI come in with an official answer just ends the argument quickly and cleanly.

Big thumbs up from a happy grateful user :-)

Hearing people moan always reminds me of that Jack Dee joke when he hears people complaining about the price of 1st class stamps going up by 1p, and he says the Royal Mail should just turn around and say "Alright, you're moaning, deliver it yourself then. Let's see how far you get with your 27p train ticket".

I'm waiting for the post where SI just say "Alright, you moan, fine, you make a better game. Or go play FIFA or CM. Then come back here, and apologise for moaning and play the best game going."

Aye, it is an absolutely superb game. I'm absolutely in love with my save and spent the whole of last night fiddling with tactics, setting up fixtures and whatnot and setting up my save-game for this year, if it keeps up, I'll be able to play for 10+ seasons easily for the first time! :)

So many complaints in here which is why I hardly visit the GD but it's nice to read stuff like this; very refreshing and I completely agree with you. :thup:

Archived