Does 'dismiss advice' have a negative impact?

Hey All,

Wondering whether the dismiss advice button in the back room advice screen, actually has a negative impact. I have had a look around and not been able to find much, hence the question.

By its' nature the term is a negative, and, I have had a couple of odd things, which in all fairness could be down to a multitude of reasons, but it did make me wonder.

cheers

• 10 months later...

It's been almost a year since this question was asked, as the guy who asked the question, I myself had wondered about the same thing for some time. As it is obviously a negative term, do anyone have any experience of any of their staff take it as a critism of their work?

I tend to dismiss things that comes from, let's say a fitness coach having oppinions on tactical matters, when my ass. man. who have high rating on tactical disagrees with him.

At every backroom staff meeting in the past 2 years, my weakest scout, who scouts the next opposition, has suggested that I send him to some exotic place to increase his scouting knowledge. I have dismissed this continually so he is nether taking the hint or being upset by the refusal.

The scouting suggestions are usually not so bad. Some of the individual training suggestions may be good but most are awful - seems a bit random. Very few of the squad status suggestions are anything but horrible; they would disrupt the harmony at the club and cause problems with the players.

My guess is that when you dismiss an advice, the staff member will never give you that same advice.

That's not true I'm afraid. I have some very persistent 'advisors' that aren't shy of giving me the same advice over and over. And I keep dismissing them...

Dismiss, reject, ignore ... take your pick.

It seems to me that it isn't even really that, that the 'dismiss' is just the same as 'clear advice' from the list. You can tell because sometimes there is advice that doesn't solicit any action from you at all that has the dismiss button.

I don't think it does, but trying to release someone only to be refused by the board definatly does. Would be easy to check in one of the cheat programs.

For the record I don't even bother dismissing them, I just flat out ignore them (usualy while muttering "whatever, idiot" under my breath)

Archived