How hard is the Championship?

Hey folks,

I have decided that I am going to start a save in the Championship, I imagine it will be a hard league as in real life, but was looking for advice of what you think would be a good team to start of with.

I have looked about and found a list of what all the teams starting budgets are (in 11.3) and was a little surprised at the low budgets considering the money than floats about even in England's 2nd tier e.g. QPR start with £0, although Leicester start with a budget of £6m

I dont really have any preferred teams in my head but would be looking to take which ever club I choose to the next level and obv up to the EPL - with this in mind I will probably be looking for a team with a good starting squad and with a big stadium but also one which will be able to attract decent players.

Any advice?

the championship is obviously not easy as most of the clubs are around the same standard. leicester are a great club to start with because of the transfer budget, should walk it with the right signings and of course there is yakubu who should score for fun at this level.

other clubs worth considering are QPR who are obviously strong, swansea, nottingham forest, burnley and perhaps the best of the lot cardiff with craig bellamy up front. leeds have a 40,000+ stadium so they should also be considered but are not as strong as the other teams and maybe have a look at hull to see if they have any funds?

whatever you choose, quality loan signings are really the way forward. get these right and you should get promoted. there is many loanees to pick from who would do a good job.

the championship is obviously not easy as most of the clubs are around the same standard. leicester are a great club to start with because of the transfer budget, should walk it with the right signings and of course there is yakubu who should score for fun at this level.

other clubs worth considering are QPR who are obviously strong, swansea, nottingham forest, burnley and perhaps the best of the lot cardiff with craig bellamy up front. leeds have a 40,000+ stadium so they should also be considered but are not as strong as the other teams and maybe have a look at hull to see if they have any funds?

whatever you choose, quality loan signings are really the way forward. get these right and you should get promoted. there is many loanees to pick from who would do a good job.

Thanks mate, this is sort of the lines I was thinking....didnt even think about Bellamay being at Cardiff, now he should be scoring for fun - I did start one with Forest when I first got the game, but my lack of knowledge of the players was a big downer for me, I usually stick to the SPL (as a Hearts fan) and the EPL - but I find it gets boring....and before anyone suggests it I already have a lower league save!!

I am swaying towards Leicester simply because of the budget, and they will have a pretty decent stadium too.

I will leave this thread for a few more hours before starting my game...thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Archived