jack wilshere

just paid 43 million

worth it or not?

Well Liverpool paid £35mill for our Andy so depends. Depends on how he plays, how long he stays with you, if his value goes up..could be a good buy in the end. Might galvanise the team, become a legend, the captain, who knows but good luck with him.

Depends who you're managing, how old he is, and what proportion of your transfer budget you've just used on a player "only fit for Barcelona's reserves"...

pep didnt say that at all, what he said was Barca have young players as good as Wilshire, but they dont have the luxery of bleeding too many youngsters at once because they have no choice but to be successful every season.

pep didnt say that at all, what he said was Barca have young players as good as Wilshire, but they dont have the luxery of bleeding too many youngsters at once because they have no choice but to be successful every season.

'twas merely a jokey aside on my part...

uhh I don't think Pep said all that either

Too Early to tell, When young players are bought for a high fee (aka Andy Carrol) its not just current ability that is paid for, potential is always a big factor for young players. Worth it or not is a question that cant be answered yet, only time will tell :)

Just as a side note, man utd paid 29 million for Wayne Rooney at 18 and although he has had a slight dip in form, over the last 5/6 years i believe the fee has been justified, so i say the same with And Carrol and his big money move to liverpool...only time will tell.

Archived