Please offer me some feedback... Urgent!!!

Hi mates,

I intend get hold of a new laptop tomorrow. Listed below are the specs:

Intel® Core™ i5-460M Processor 2.53GHz

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

500GB Serial ATA 5400rpm

4GB DDR3 SDRAM (max. 8GB)

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 Graphics with 1 GB DDR3 of Dedicated Video Memory

Based on the current specs, i'd like to pose 2 questions:

1. will it be possible for me to play FM until the FM 2015 Edition or beyond with about 20 leagues at a very good speed and 3D graphics?

2. can i transfer my saved game from FM2011 on my current pc and play them on the new pc?

All feedback are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

On your first question: I'm afraid no-one can answer that with any certainty. Firstly, 'very good speed' is extremely subjective. Secondly, I doubt even SI have any idea what sort of system requirements will be required in five years time! I'm 99% sure that laptop will be OK for next year's iteration, and, given that SI tend to increase the requirements very slowly, probably 2013 as well. Beyond that it's probably unlikely.

On the second point: you can absolutely copy your save games between computers. There shouldn't be any issue there at all.

Thanks mates for the replies thus far. Your feedbacks have been enlightening and encouraging. However, i still welcome more feedback before i set off to buy the new laptop tomorrow. If not, i'll just wait till the end of the year or next year to get a new laptop which i intend to use for the next 4 years.

Hey there

Ive got a i5-520M laptop @2.40 stock settings same graphic card as the one you're wanting to buy and same RAM too.

I can only run 7/8 countries with more or less 10-12 leagues and I get a 2 star game rating out of 5 (which is bad) even tho my laptop settings on fm says its a 5 star laptop.

So i really doubt u'll be able to run 20 leagues at a very good speed... If i were you i would try to buy a more expensive laptop if ure intending to play games with max graphs and pretty good frame per seconds.

On my older computer I had a 1/2 star rating, took me forever, but still I didn't care then, never knew how slow it really was untill now though. :)

To the OP: try a holliday game for one season with 20 leagues first and if you feel it will be fast enough don't mind what star rating it has.

Hey there

Ive got a i5-520M laptop @2.40 stock settings same graphic card as the one you're wanting to buy and same RAM too.

I can only run 7/8 countries with more or less 10-12 leagues and I get a 2 star game rating out of 5 (which is bad) even tho my laptop settings on fm says its a 5 star laptop.

So i really doubt u'll be able to run 20 leagues at a very good speed... If i were you i would try to buy a more expensive laptop if ure intending to play games with max graphs and pretty good frame per seconds.

Ooops, this is sad indeed. I was hoping for a better speed and graphics. Didn't know that the above specs which i mentioned will only give me 2 star... :(

Archived