Best team in League One?

I am starting a new game this evening having just bought FM2011 and as with any new FM, I always like starting out in the lower leagues and will go for League One.

Which is the best team to go for? I don't want one which is expected to get promotion such as Southampton etc, but fancy someone who is decent but not the best.

Someone like Huddersfield or Oldham perhaps?

in real life yeah, they are overachieving imo

Overachieving is such an interesting term. In what way? Their players aren't good enough? They don't have enough fans?

Either way, they are smashing that league. Teams like Southampton, MK, Hudds, Pboro can't get near them.

A quick glance at the league table and you don't need to ask "best team in league one?"

Swindon have always done well on this year's FM, and more often than not reach the play-offs at least. Get about 100k to spend on players about about 35 - 40k on wages, and more than likely lose Douglas which makes things a bit more difficult

I’d go for Swindon. You can pretty much roll the league with a few loan signings. Currently Swindon (AI controlled) have loaned Spence, Eyjolfsson (West Ham), Guidetti, McDermott (Man City), Clyne (Arsenal), O’Shea (Birmingham) and Bogdan (Bolton) and have pretty much romped the league.

Peterborough sounds pretty good!

Also fancy Huddersfield but don't necessarily want to buy the league :cool:

miaow!

Town win the title on most saves, so I understand, so they've got to be the "best team in league one" :p I just don't understand why they also sign Kerrea Gilbert on most saves too... :confused:

I'm giving Plymouth a shot, massive fan in real life and the finances in the game are a good challenge, the potential is there so hoping to squeeze into the playoffs!!

ARGYLE. been the last 2 home games colchester and swindon. Im a little bit dissappointed they havnt tweaked yala bolasese stats. but very challenged as they dont have any wage budget and transfer budget.

• 2 weeks later...
ARGYLE. been the last 2 home games colchester and swindon. Im a little bit dissappointed they havnt tweaked yala bolasese stats. but very challenged as they dont have any wage budget and transfer budget.

Same, although I am glad Nelson and Mason have been tweaked, building my team up around them at the minute. As you say no transfer budget and massively in the red wages make Plymouth a decent challenge, 1st season was a balancing the books/uneventful mid table season but in my 2nd now in March and Playoffs are in the bag, still havent actually purchased a player yet though as the finances are so bad, youth team, loans and frees all the way!!

I'm having a brilliant save with Hartlepool - one of the best I've had for years.

The board have very low expectations, and although you don't get any money to spend on transfers, it's possible to attract reasonable loans and free transfers to the club.

I've had a slow-burning rise in fortunes, I'm in my 8th season and have turned the club into an establised Championship side, almost making the playoffs in season 7. We've upgraded the training facilities, and are in the process of buying the ground from the local council. We have a healthy bank balance of approx £4.5m, and the board, fans and players all love me!

I'm sure others have had Pools in the Premiership within 2 or 3 seasons, but I don't claim to be a great manager, just a decent one. What I've enjoyed is nurturing young players released by bigger clubs and turning them into stars for my team.

Archived