FM2011 on a Virtual PC?

I was wondering if anyone (possibly someone at SI?) has FM2011 running on a Virtual PC?

My normal Desktop is so old and slow, that I thought I would take advantage of the extra power (4x Xeon 2.5 Ghz) in my Dell server, running VMWare ESXi 3.5.

However, I've installed FM2011 via Steam on a Virtual PC running Windows XP Pro SP3, it installs fine, but when I go to launch it, it gives the Steam is starting FM2011 box, then 30 seconds later an error message box quickly flashes up and disappears (literally if I blink I will miss it, so no chance of seeing what it says). Then another 30 seconds later steam opens at its normal front screen.

Has anyone come across this before? Or does anyone have FM2011 working on a virtual PC?

Thanks for any help you can offer...

No Video Card on the ESX box, but I was hoping it would be able to run the game without the 3D match engine - I only use text commentary during the games.

My old desktop just gives me a message when it starts, saying 3D match engine will be disabled as the graphics card is not good enough.

No Video Card on the ESX box, but I was hoping it would be able to run the game without the 3D match engine - I only use text commentary during the games.

My old desktop just gives me a message when it starts, saying 3D match engine will be disabled as the graphics card is not good enough.

Try this

http://pcguide4you.blogspot.com/2010/11/virtual-graphics-card-play-latest-games.html

Excellent, thanks very much for the suggestion Mr Blobby (I never thought I'd say that :cool:)

I will give that a go this evening and report the results....

I don't know how to use it by the way.

My cousin has a bog standard PC, and is able to run Civ5 perfectly.

As I said, I can't help in how to use it as I don't know.

I'm sure if you Google it something will come up.

Archived