Scouting & Players in the Future

iPhone 2011 - Man Utd

I've been playing the game for 6 seasons now, and after my scouts didn't manage to find me any players, began scouting all potential buys myself.

As i wanted to invest in youth players and also English players to improve my domestic bias, i began scouting every player under the age of 21, and then every new player the games creates over the summer transfer window. This took a very long time and my shortlist over the past 4 seasons has become enormous.

I have NOT found one player with 5 or 6 star potential. Some players my scout recommends to be a decent player, but they have only one star potential. I have bought some of these and farmed them out on loan, and now a couple are up to 4 stars, but i am not finding anyone that has potential to be a superstar.

Is anyone else having this problem?

On my shortlist, some players have 6 stars, but only as they have played 2/3 games with a 9.0 rating, when i scout them, their rating is only 4 stars...

Eventually 1 or 2 have pinged up with 6 stars, but are already 24 and clubs demanding 60,000,000+ for them. I scouted them when they were young and my scout didn;t tell me to buy them.

Is this a flaw in the game, or am i missing something??

In the previous version i scouted guys with current of 2 stars, and potential of 5 and 6.

If anybody has some top tips on players in the future, please let me know.....

My current squad is

Been - GK

Diakite - DL

Evans - DC

Jones - DC

Rafael - DR

Guilliano - AMC

Reyez - MC

Pjanic - AMC

Rooney - SC

Hernandez - SC

Lakuka - SC

I have just bought Migliaccio - SC who is awesome but cost me 45,000,000 at 21 yrs old. And Billy Chambers who was promoted and now the best MC for England valued at 39,000,000 (injured so not in the line up)

In 2011 Version My First Tip is: Never use your Youth scouts and your normal scouts. They just Compare the Players with your squad Players,so the New Players Never had more than 2 Stars. I Gould just Look at the Stats for them.

Thanks, that has worked with one player i found Rayaz, scout told me not to buy him and he is now amazing. I'll stick to my own scouting and see who i can find.

I;m on English and Spanish leagues though, and all the good players seem to be Italian which is weird. the English national Team is pants, bar 2 of my players in it.

also bear in mind star rating both potential and ability will go up and down

for the instance of youth generally if you use a scout they will say they will not succeed at the club etc etc, so this is where common sense comes in. Buy anyone you think looks great and dont spend anything more than 1-2mil

Put them in the reserves for half a season on intensive training, if they dont complain loan them out at 2nd loan window, if they do complain get rid of them as soon as possible. When loaning out try and send them to clubs with good+ training facilites, and keep an eye on them if they arnt playing recall them.

After 2 seasons you will have an idea if they are going to be any good, if they develop into nothing special sell them, you'll get a 5 - 6 mil return on your 1-2 originally. If they start filling in them green boxes, play them and watch there potential and ability go through the roof.

also bear in mind star rating both potential and ability will go up and down

for the instance of youth generally if you use a scout they will say they will not succeed at the club etc etc, so this is where common sense comes in. Buy anyone you think looks great and dont spend anything more than 1-2mil

Put them in the reserves for half a season on intensive training, if they dont complain loan them out at 2nd loan window, if they do complain get rid of them as soon as possible. When loaning out try and send them to clubs with good+ training facilites, and keep an eye on them if they arnt playing recall them.

After 2 seasons you will have an idea if they are going to be any good, if they develop into nothing special sell them, you'll get a 5 - 6 mil return on your 1-2 originally. If they start filling in them green boxes, play them and watch there potential and ability go through the roof.

Cheers Chris, appreciate your help. I have a few guys farmed out, so i will take better care of them and make sure they get intensive training.

I'm still winning everything with my team, so no complaints there, but think once this is over i will restart with a BSQ team from the bottom and try to emulate your success.

Thanks again.

I would'nt sell them if they complain.

For scanne i had a welsh Player (He was 17) He was complaining about it so i make the Training Not so intensive and at the Start of a New Season i make Intensive Training again. Now i have a Player who have every stat Green except tackling(14) ,aggression(12) and paxe (14)

And the Best is, that he plays every Position accomplished or Natural except Goalkeeper And sweeper and He isn't Complaining anymore.

I would'nt sell them if they complain.

For scanne i had a welsh Player (He was 17) He was complaining about it so i make the Training Not so intensive and at the Start of a New Season i make Intensive Training again. Now i have a Player who have every stat Green except tackling(14) ,aggression(12) and paxe (14)

And the Best is, that he plays every Position accomplished or Natural except Goalkeeper And sweeper and He isn't Complaining anymore.

This is an exception I have never encounted, for the first few seasons I tried rotating the training back to normal and moving back to intensive but could never make them happy which resulted in my opinion that they never amass to anythign special

You should see some of my guys. They are very similar to yours but at 18. I buy players who can play Premier League football at 16 and they cost £200k in season 3, that creates a super reserve team and low budgets.

Aggression is the only one I lower as leadership for me is key to development as they can handle themselves on the pitch, stamina too as they need to be able to play week in week out wiith 100% fitness.

Yes,

But i want to say with that Guy, that they can later have very good Stamina ,althought

They have Löw Stamina when they are Young.

And i think that some Stats you don't Need for a Position. Wing Backs

For Example Wing Backs don't Need Heading or Goalkeepers don't Need creativizy

• SI Staff
hello

anybody knows what is the PA and CA Romelu Lukaku and Khouma Babacar in new patch 11.3 ?? please answer

You might want to post that in the FM PC forum - as 11.3 is a PC update version number.

I signed a 16 year old regen, loaned him out to Aldershot for two seasons and scored 10+ goals for them first season. And has 8 goals halfway through second. Gonna be a right partnership between him and Lukaku in the Future :) Shame his pace is poor, just like all 15-18 year olds.

Marc, can you tone down the rate at which these regens grow a bit? The game is already easy enough without little 15 year old Lionel Messi's running around. ;)

Archived