23 goals from my DC!?

I'm ashamed to say that i've tried the cromer exploit and it doesn't work for me icon_biggrin.gif In my defence it was the last 30 minutes of the Champions League final with Bayern Munich and I was desparate to win it just once as i'd a agreed to go to Spurs at the end of the season.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

I'm ashamed to say that i've tried the cromer exploit and it doesn't work for me icon_biggrin.gif In my defence it was the last 30 minutes of the Champions League final with Bayern Munich and I was desparate to win it just once as i'd a agreed to go to Spurs at the end of the season.

Sorry to go of topic, but when you were playing as Bayern, do you mean - you agreed to take over at spurs, once you finished you season at bayern?

When ever i get offerd/apply for a job, i have to take it there and then, or maybe delay it for one week.

Anyway, on 8.02 i had a DF score 28 goals in one season - all from corners, but since that, i do not use the corner bug, now my CB maybe get 3-4 goals per season - more realestic.

Originally posted by lfc25:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

Sorry to go of topic, but when you were playing as Bayern, do you mean - you agreed to take over at spurs, once you finished you season at bayern?

When ever i get offerd/apply for a job, i have to take it there and then, or maybe delay it for one week.

Anyway, on 8.02 i had a DF score 28 goals in one season - all from corners, but since that, i do not use the corner bug, now my CB maybe get 3-4 goals per season - more realestic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Closer to the end of the season you get the option to sign the contract for an immediate move or at the end of the season, just like when you negotiate a player transfer. You have to look for the option on the contract negotiation screen icon_smile.gif

I think it may be an option if the club approach you, but not if you approach the club.

I just got a message saying Spurs wanted me to become their new manager and similar to the player contract it had a signing date option, rather than leave Bayern in the lurch I accepted for the end of the season.

Be careful though I ruined a save game once, by doing this with Everton who then got relegated. I hadn't got the Championship running so when it came to taking over at Everton I was actually sacked immediately because they weren't in the playable leagues icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by jayahr:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lfc25:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

Anyway, on 8.02 i had a DF score 28 goals in one season - all from corners, but since that, i do not use the corner bug, now my CB maybe get 3-4 goals per season - more realestic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Closer to the end of the season you get the option to sign the contract for an immediate move or at the end of the season, just like when you negotiate a player transfer. You have to look for the option on the contract negotiation screen icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the advice, i will give it a go, Cant belive i did not know of this feature in the game, looking foward to trying it out now.

I think it may be an option if the club approach you, but not if you approach the club.

I just got a message saying Spurs wanted me to become their new manager and similar to the player contract it had a signing date option, rather than leave Bayern in the lurch I accepted for the end of the season.

Be careful though I ruined a save game once, by doing this with Everton who then got relegated. I hadn't got the Championship running so when it came to taking over at Everton I was actually sacked immediately because they weren't in the playable leagues icon_mad.gif

Thanks for the advice mate, Unlucky with everton lol, i always load the championship - just in case a big club gets relageted - i can take them over.

Just got wait now for a job offer, which i hardly get unless im unemployed.

Shame you cant apply for jobs, and use that feature, Still a cool idea though. thanks

I'm managing a small team (very small), Local team. I never seem to win enough games, even when i need a draw i play 5 defenders and 4 ahead of them still defending, yet i always lose. Can anyone give me this "cheat". just so i can gain promotion...

Originally posted by Deylaaf:

I'm managing a small team (very small), Local team. I never seem to win enough games, even when i need a draw i play 5 defenders and 4 ahead of them still defending, yet i always lose. Can anyone give me this "cheat". just so i can gain promotion...

All i did was put my LCB on challenge GK, near post - he scored plenty.

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Yeah, just give your big strong jumper/header the challenge GK instruction and put corners into the 6 yard box.

Tried that, but it didn't work. I'm not actually bothered, but I would have loved to have won the ECL for Bayern, and it will be a long time before I get another chance.

i think it is too do with the strikers, i have my two strikers at near post flick on/challnge gk which gets me 5 - 10 goals a season, but ive noticed when i do this there are the people on the posts as usual but then 2 cbs marking my strikers, wheras irc when you have CB's challenging the gaolkeeper and strikers say attacking from deep the oppositions cbs wonder off after the striker and leave the goal open, then all you need is a little chip in the SYB and easy header.

if someone is at home and not skiving at work try it out, see if my theory is right.

Originally posted by mrdanbartlett:

pic

My DC was on fire one season and somehow managed to bag 23 goals! Amazing, how odd is that. On 7.0.2 - no editing/cheating etc, crazy.

I noticed you have Nicholas Mazzola! I have him in my Doncaster team although i am only in 2009/10. Just loaned him to my feeder team Yeovil as he is roughly at the same standard as their leage thus far. Does he really become that prolific?

It never works when you want it to!

Archived