do we really need opposition instructions?

i've always been conscientious of whether i've been utilising oi properly lol, how do we really know it actullay makes a difference?

also, do we really need them? show onto weaker foot is handy, but what of the others? aren't they already included in our tactics?

i tackle fullbacks hard. all mid fielders, wingers, am get hard tackling and closing down often. strikers get shown onto weaker foot.

Because you can tell your players to tackle a particular player hard. If you notice that half way through the game that one of their players has a knock, you set an instruction for him to be targetted with hard tackles to try and force an injury.

then he would just get substituted anyway, so what would be the point? or failing that, now all of my players are flying in with hard tackles on the poor little bugger, str, wingers included!!

Seriously?

If its their best player why would you want him on the pitch. Injure him, make them take him off.

Seriously?

If its their best player why would you want him on the pitch. Injure him, make them take him off.

so instead of trying to score more goals than them, i should just injure their players instead? makes sense i suppose, goals dont seem to be happening at the moment!!

so instead of trying to score more goals than them, i should just injure their players instead? makes sense i suppose, goals dont seem to be happening at the moment!!

Well if they are better than you how many do you expect to score anyway? If you can get some of their best players off the pitch, you will have more chance of scoring or stopping them from scoring wont you. Its not rocket science.

Here's why you need em.

WC 2022 final: Brazil (Me) Vs Argentina

Argentina has Messi, a great regen STC (from my club team), a great regen AMR (from my club team). They are by far a better team at that year.

I barely know the rest so I set tight marking, close down always and hard tackle on those 3 players. Surely, the regen STC and AMR got injured and was taken out :D and Messi is on 60% condition even before the end of first half. Those 2 players come back injured for a couple of months to my club but heck I won the WC in extra time coz most of their players get below 60% around 75 mins mark.

So, opposition instruction does work and we do need them. If you can't win by beautiful football, make their lives hell and hope for miracle lol

Seriously?

What about Fair Play? I mean things like does happen in real life, but that doesn't mean it is okay.

The whole tackling hard seems a bit extreme in FM to be honest, i know that IRL some teams will go hard on some players to "scare" them out of the game but FM seems to encourage that you just kick people around until they are out injured.

Why is everyone so focused on hard tackling causing injuries???

There are other, more valid, reasons to use hard tackling against an opposition player:

A) Ones that lack bravery/determination - more likely to pull out of 50/50 balls meaning you win possession.

B) Ones with fiery personalities - more likely to lose their cool, make poor decisions, play poorly, perhaps get sent off.

Archived