Assistant not watching the match???

I don't know if I should appeal for a red card or not and in the news item, it says that my assistant didn't see the red card and doesn't know if I should appeal. Surely if he missed it while talking to the subs or on his phone he could have watched it on a video after the match.

Yeah, this is a really poorly implemented portion of the game. Not just the appeals, but the entire response to controversial decisions. Big club managers have tablets on the sidelines so the manager can review a controversial decision within minutes. How is it I have to comment on a decision only to find out "replays have shown the referee was correct." Why don't I look at the replays myself at some point?

really, why dont you? there is replay in match engine.

Replay ME doesn't help IMO. I usually just see 2 players standing in the ball like a normal tackle and sometimes get a yellow, sometimes get a red. Never see a flying karate kick like de jong in the ME so dunno when to appeal or fine.

the only thing I can suggest you do is read the ref report after the game. It's on the screen where you get the Man of the Match award. If it says the ref had good game you won't win the Appeal but if it says controversial red card etc you probably will win it.

Yeah, this is a really poorly implemented portion of the game. Not just the appeals, but the entire response to controversial decisions. Big club managers have tablets on the sidelines so the manager can review a controversial decision within minutes. How is it I have to comment on a decision only to find out "replays have shown the referee was correct." Why don't I look at the replays myself at some point?

Agreed, it's always been a weak part of the game... that being said its a little better now with the slightly updated graphics, major fouls you can actually see... But beyond that the graphics just don't support knowing what happened in a lot of fouls so its just guess work if you can be appealed, if the player should be disciplined for it, or if the refs were just plain dumb.

Not that any resulting action makes an significant difference anyway for the most part... just a half thought out way of making the game more 'real' when it just makes more questions.

Archived