wheres benitez gone?

when did benitez get sacked from inter?

in the game leonardo is now in charge, is that true in real life?

i thought he was an ac milan ledgend! i remember in fm 2010 or fm 2009, he was manager at ac milan for a year or something!

i thought he was an ac milan ledgend! i remember in fm 2010 or fm 2009, he was manager at ac milan for a year or something!

This post just sums how much really underrated the Italian Serie A is in the eyes of British media, it's really pathetic.

This post just sums how much really underrated the Italian Serie A is in the eyes of British media, it's really pathetic.

well unfortunately not only in british, but also here in germany its even worse and in some cases also very disgusting, how german reporters and media talk about italian football.

but honestly, we must also say, that italian football is by far not that attractive and successful, as its been in the 90s.

the results in european games just confirm my thesis!

Ever since gazza left italian football has gone down hill.

There was that cheeky guy on a saturday morning on channel 4 whod give you the run down. That was when italian football was aight.

James Richardson (with his favourite Italian sports paper, the Gazzetta dello Sport!

james%2Brichardson.jpg

its nothing to do with the media, they tell us about british football because thats what we care about, the only reason we know a bit about what goes on in spain is because of sky, no other leagues get any space in any of our newspapers or national tv reports, especially not up here in scotland.

its nothing to do with the media, they tell us about british football because thats what we care about, the only reason we know a bit about what goes on in spain is because of sky, no other leagues get any space in any of our newspapers or national tv reports, especially not up here in scotland.

so why don't we know about italy? why is there no sky interest in it?

so why don't we know about italy? why is there no sky interest in it?

because frankly the majority of us dont care enough, we only get spanish football because people like to watch Real and Barca 90% of the games they show involve those teams. Channel 4 used to show all the italian weeks highlights and a live game or two every week but the figures dropped and they stopped showing it, the quality of the italian league was very poor for a few seasons and people got bored. Sky have a lot more money and dont really need to worry a whole lot about how many people watch the spanish football, it sells them a few more packages probably but i bet the figures for people watching spanish football compared to the english would be easily less than half.

Italian football had its heyday in the 90s.

If/when Bayern knock out Inter there will be no italian teams in the last 8 of the champions league. There are no italian teams in the Europa League either.

It is a little unfair to blame the british media for a league which has been in freefall. The biggest and best clubs - Milan and Juve were caught up in corruption not long ago.

Slow, methodical football pales in significance to the cut and thrust of the EPL or the flamboyancy of La Liga.

On free to air tv in Australia we have our national Womens league on the National Broadcaster (ABC) maybe once a week during their season, and Liverpool and Arse games 2 days after they are played at midnight on the sports channel (ONE). Oh and the odd champions league match at 3am on a government channel. We get more EPL than our own league over here!

On free to air tv in Australia we have our national Womens league on the National Broadcaster (ABC) maybe once a week during their season, and Liverpool and Arse games 2 days after they are played at midnight on the sports channel (ONE). Oh and the odd champions league match at 3am on a government channel. We get more EPL than our own league over here!

we also get bundesliga and serie a games on ONE

In England, obviously, English leagues take total preference.

Spain is given some play time because they arguably have two of the biggest clubs in the world - Madrid and Barca, with probably the best players in the world (Messi and Ronaldo). They are the most exciting clubs in the transfer windows, and play good football.

Italy, Germany, France, etc are more complex leagues. Some would say better leagues. We can not say with certainty which two teams will finish top. We can't say that they will finish 30 points ahead of the side in 3rd. They're ran more sensibly from a financial viewpoint, and don't have the best players in the world. Or to put it another way, they're not interesting enough to grab the headlines, but they're too interesting to fill a 5 minute gap in Sky Sports News.

in britain Serie A, Bundesliga and the Eredivisie, as well as some russian and MLS games are all on ESPN and 9/10 the football is better than the premier league games shown on sky!

Ah so that's why Channel 5 stopped showing Dutch football. Bloody ESPN, I used to have it when they had EPL games but I cancelled it becuase I didn't think it was worth the extra.

anyone who thinks the italian league is better than the epl is obviously either deluded or italian, or both. The results in the champions league are no fluke. Inter are the only good team and they were ruined by benitez and unluckily for them ended up drawing bayern munich.

italian football gets just as much coverage on uk sat tv as spanish footie does, espn regularly shows 3 or 4 italian games every week along with dutch, german etc. if people choose not to watch it thats up to them but it is shown.

i personally dont watch much italian footy apart from the milan derby as it just doesnt do it for me but thats prob more down to bein spoiled watchin real mardrid and barca. but i have enough footy knowledge to know that rafa was sacked in january.

Shaggy_91

Inter are one of 5 good teams to watch in Serie A stop being so narrow minded. AC Milan can be great to watch like last night when they dominated Tottenham, Inter under Leonardo play some good stuff, Lazio are playing well with Hernanes leading them now, Udinese have Alexis Sanchez who impressed at the World Cup and Barca are rumoured to have placed him as their top transfer target. Last but not least Napoli are playing nice football as well with Cavani being the inform striker in Europe.

no the EPL is better than serie A on a whole but on a match by match basis id rather watch other countries leagues, ive no intrest in watching games from anyone other than sunderland unless it effects them so i like watching italy and germany instead they have better games for the neutrals.

anyway this is getting v off-topic im expecting it to get moved or closed etc.

Ok that you're British, ok that you don't follow italian football, but Jesus Christ... :D

Shaggy_91

Inter are one of 5 good teams to watch in Serie A stop being so narrow minded. AC Milan can be great to watch like last night when they dominated Tottenham, Inter under Leonardo play some good stuff, Lazio are playing well with Hernanes leading them now, Udinese have Alexis Sanchez who impressed at the World Cup and Barca are rumoured to have placed him as their top transfer target. Last but not least Napoli are playing nice football as well with Cavani being the inform striker in Europe.

ac milan were not great to watch last night, they were hugely frustrating to watch, lots of talent backed up wtih very little end product, they didnt dominate that game really, they didnt impose themselves in any real way.

They did dominate, not to the extent of Barca against Arsenal for example but it was a totally one-sided affair, if the Duck had his shooting boots on then Milan would have gone through.

if crouch had not missed the sitter in the first half it could have been a lot worse for Milan, they never ever looked like winning that game last night, one good chance for Robinhio and that was it really, i was hugely disapointed wtih them over the two games i expected them to be a top team with the players they have, at the end of the day they lost to a team struggling to break the top 4 in england and that does really show how far Italian football has dropped in recent years.

If tottenham were a truly good side they would have exploited the fact that Milan's fullbacks were playing like wingers. They had multiple opportunities as they carved Tottenham open many times. If Pato was as good as FM makes him out to be he would have buried 2 of his chances at least. Robinho should have done better with his chances as well. AC didnt even hit top gear and they had Tottenham with their backs against the wall for much of the game, you could see the relief in all of Tottenhams fans faces at the end of the match for a reason.

Also B.O.D Bridge of Don?

I watched the game, and while they dominated possession, and had a shot cleared off the line, (which was brought about due to gomez's daftness) they didn't have one clear cut chance, they had a few half chances, but they were disappointing, especially the usual suspects aka ibrahimovic, pato, robinho. The thing is spurs are arguably the epl's 5th best side, and you'd expect the best of Italy to beat them, if barca or bayern for instance played spurs then even if both teams are having a poor game you would still expect them to progress. Even Lyon would have probably beat spurs.

If you knew anything about European football you would not have mentioned Bayern. Bayern are having a terrible season and are 5th some 19 points off of top.

Also Ibra and Robinho had okay games, it was Pato who was wasteful. He could have gotten himself into much better positions creating goal scoring opportunties but hes short of confidence. AC's problem stems from their midfield lacking creativity. Without one of them being able to pick a pass from deep they could not do much but keep possession near Spurs box. If they had not defended suicidally in the first leg I fully expected AC to go through.

If tottenham were a truly good side they would have exploited the fact that Milan's fullbacks were playing like wingers. They had multiple opportunities as they carved Tottenham open many times. If Pato was as good as FM makes him out to be he would have buried 2 of his chances at least. Robinho should have done better with his chances as well. AC didnt even hit top gear and they had Tottenham with their backs against the wall for much of the game, you could see the relief in all of Tottenhams fans faces at the end of the match for a reason.

Also B.O.D Bridge of Don?

I honestly didnt see that at all, they had one good chance, and a few very debatable half chances, and lets not forget they lost at home and again played very poorly, of course spurs were relieved, they have just knock AC Milan out of Europe at the first time of asking, and its their first ever venture into the champs league they must be constantly pinching themselves, they also topped their group which included the best team in Italy for the past 5 years and they ripped them to pieces at White Hart Lane.

Yeah bridge of don! Wonderful place to be....hahaha

Oh dear. Covering up by saying that they could beat anyone bar Barcelona on their day is silly. If they could why is Van Gaal stepping down at the end of the season?

Fact is they are not that great a team, Robben missed most of the season through injury which is somewhat unfortunate but they have no consistent striker which every good team needs, Gomez has been alright in flashes but their is a reason Joachim Loew kept him on the bench at the WC.

I honestly didnt see that at all, they had one good chance, and a few very debatable half chances, and lets not forget they lost at home and again played very poorly, of course spurs were relieved, they have just knock AC Milan out of Europe at the first time of asking, and its their first ever venture into the champs league they must be constantly pinching themselves, lets not forget they topped their group which included the best team in Italy for the past 5 years and they ripped them to pieces at White Hart Lane.

Yeah bridge of don! Wonderful place to be....hahaha

In my opinion they dominated, ill leave it at that ;). Plus im an Arsenal fan so we can expect a bit of bias..

Nice I used to be out that way a lot! Was the only place in Aberdeen I could think of with B.O.D haha. Nice to see a fellow Aberdonian.

In my opinion they dominated, ill leave it at that ;). Plus im an Arsenal fan so we can expect a bit of bias..

Nice I used to be out that way a lot! Was the only place in Aberdeen I could think of with B.O.D haha. Nice to see a fellow Aberdonian.

hahahahaha oh the gooners!! Lets not get into the game the other night then :p

Ah right, where abouts in BOD did you live? I actually love living here, lived in town for ages but its much nicer and quieter here.

hahahahaha oh the gooners!! Lets not get into the game the other night then :p

Ah right, where abouts in BOD did you live? I actually love living here, lived in town for ages but its much nicer and quieter here.

It was a joke we will leave it at that. :\

I never lived there just had relatives that way! Yeah its a nice place havent been there for like five years though since I live no where near it!

i've seen a couple of games, rather they have the a-league on free to air though

I could have sworn I’ve seen some A-League matches on free-to-air, thought it might have been the women. Never seen an EPL game, though I have seen the rare Bundesliga and Serie A game, and the Champions League is fairly well covered on SBS I think.

Check Benitez's biography in the game...

"Benitez also had a brief spell in charge of Inter between June 2010 and January 1900"

"Brief may be an understatement there lol

I think we can all agree Rafa took Inter backwards, in many ways...

Archived