Best Championship Formation?

So I'm going to be starting a new 11.3 save soon and, after much thought, I have decided that it will be with either QPR, Ipswich or Nottingham Forest.

I haven't done an English championship save since FM08 with Charlton and, so, I'm not too sure how to set my team out. I do have a Manchester United save going playing 4-2-4 with a short passing game and a quick tempo but it only works because of the speed of the wingers and the full backs.

Could I get away with that in the championship or should I use another formation?

Keep it simple. 4-4-2 (you can push the wide midfielders forward if you wish) and make sure you don't give too many players too much creative freedom. Even in the Championship you don't want to be trying to play super attractive football. Move the ball quickly and preferably to the flanks and get the ball into the box.

Of course it matters.

You should pick a style and formation that suits the players that you have available in your squad.

Yh I've started a season with Arsenal and have tried to fulfill what Arsene Wenger does best and it has worked extremely well so far but with a Championship side their passing stats wont be so good, so maybe a more direct style may be better :)

Archived