Sucessful Youth System (Help required!)

Hi, first of all sorry if this is in the wrong section...

As many people are aware... after around 5-6 seasons the game is ran by using regen players... what i want to know is before this happens (from 2010-11 through to 2016-17) playing as Coventry City, how can i make a sucessful youth system so that i can one or two PA of -10, or at least a decent CA (around the 100-170 mark) whilst maintaining a decent bank balance and a decent first team.

Youth intake quality depends on your youth system. You can improve it by requesting investment from board, although they may not always agree to improve it.

It means that good youth system is more likely to produce great regens, although having good youth system doesn't necessarily guarantee good youth prospects and - vice versa - young talent may come from poor youth system (although it's very unlikely).

Youth intake quality depends on your youth system. You can improve it by requesting investment from board, although they may not always agree to improve it.

It means that good youth system is more likely to produce great regens, although having good youth system doesn't necessarily guarantee good youth prospects and - vice versa - young talent may come from poor youth system (although it's very unlikely).

thankyou for your answer - i just find it annoying when im in the prem (as Coventry) and i have to buy all my youth prospects... the best i have been given was somebody who was touted to be the next Joe Cole... but had no way near the techincal attribute, which just infuriates me.. i used genie scout to see his potential attributes... he was no way near joe cole!

Anyway, im guessing the only way is to ask the board (they never do anything for me! :( )

thankyou for your answer - i just find it annoying when im in the prem (as Coventry) and i have to buy all my youth prospects... the best i have been given was somebody who was touted to be the next Joe Cole... but had no way near the techincal attribute, which just infuriates me.. i used genie scout to see his potential attributes... he was no way near joe cole!

Anyway, im guessing the only way is to ask the board (they never do anything for me! :( )

You won't get one great youth player every year even if you have the highest youth academy. 13 seasons with R Madrid and I only had like 3 players that's good enough for 1st team. Nothing wrong to poach all the great talents tho IMO

You won't get one great youth player every year even if you have the highest youth academy. 13 seasons with R Madrid and I only had like 3 players that's good enough for 1st team. Nothing wrong to poach all the great talents tho IMO

i completley agree, its just annoying because i could spend the money improving first team players instead of thinking of the future

Archived