11.3 update has broken contract negotiations

Ok, i've done a little experimenting and it seems to only affect a pretty small portion of contract negotiations.

When I take over at a new club, the first thing I do is evaluate the staff.

Usually I sack the assistant, then look further down the list. What I often find is youth coaches who I feel I could better utilise in a main coach area, or GK coach, or fitness coach.

Because they are only youth coaches they are usually very interested, but as you might expect they ask for a big pay rise, and then usually accept a smaller payrise. Or they used to...

Now, I go to the screen to offer a youth coach a new contract. He's on £1k, and asks for £1.7k to sign a new contract as youth coach. I change the role to coach, it says he's very interested. I offer the £1.7k, and he comes back asking for £8k.

OK, so far. Pretty much like 11.2.

Now, I negotiate his wage down to £3k. He asks for £8k.

I offer him £4k. He asks for £8k

I offer him £7.75k. He asks for £8k.

Seriously, this is annoying as hell.

The current workaround I have is to pick a nimber and tick 'non-negotiable', which is working out ok, and no-one has turned it down yet.

Still very annoying

More realistic why should they accept a harder workload for less money than a normal coach would get?

That's not the issue. The issue is that "negotiations" aren't really negotiations if only one side is willing to compromise. The only time you get that sort of scenario is where the coach has no incentive to move, in which case he shouldn't have expressed interest in the first place!

yeah, these coaches aren't moving, they are already at the club and are being reassigned.

as i said, they are 'very interested' in the role offered, and like most coaches, ask for an outrageous wage increase.

the issue is they do not negotiate!

if i hire a new assistant manager, he negotiates...

if i hire a new scout, he negotiates...

if i hire a new player, he negotiates...

if i renew a current players contract, he negotiates...

before i updated to 11.3, when i change a coaches role with in the club, he negotiates...

now, with 11.3 installed, he doesn't.

he sits there demanding his outrageous wage and wont accept a penny less.

broken :(

yeah, these coaches aren't moving, they are already at the club and are being reassigned.

as i said, they are 'very interested' in the role offered, and like most coaches, ask for an outrageous wage increase.

the issue is they do not negotiate!

if i hire a new assistant manager, he negotiates...

if i hire a new scout, he negotiates...

if i hire a new player, he negotiates...

if i renew a current players contract, he negotiates...

before i updated to 11.3, when i change a coaches role with in the club, he negotiates...

now, with 11.3 installed, he doesn't.

he sits there demanding his outrageous wage and wont accept a penny less.

broken :(

If this is as bad as 11.3 gets then I can't wait to play it !!

It seems perfectly reasonable to be that a Youth coach wants alot more money for a promotion. Ok there could probably be a bit of negotiation but ni biggie.

its not that he wants more money, its that its broken. it worked in 11.2 and now it doesn't. how do they break things that worked fine in the past?

and to be fair, its all i've tried to do so far, so it has a 0% success rate so far :)

Well ive just started a new save with Man Utd and like I always do, I offered Brian McClair and Paul Mcguiness new contracts as a coach rather than youth coach. Both asked for more, obvoiusly.

McClair initially started on 9k as a youth coach. I changed to coach and offered the same 9k. He came back with 13k. I upped to 9.5k and he came back with 9.75k which I accepted. Perfectly reasonable.

I cant remember McGuiness' contract negotion in that much detail but he only went up a couple of thousand aswell. I also offered both contracts to 2015 aswell rather than the 2013 they was asking for.

In my new save i cant say this is a problem. Yes, they ask for more 'when' being promoted to a coach from a youth role, but a reasonable amount in all my experiences. Perhaps your chappy is stubborn and is an isolated incodent...

Hope it works out :)

Archived