Finallly...iv come back ...to Football Manager!

Hi guys, had the game since christmas but just havent had time to sit and play it.

Always played CM (when it was sigames ;) ) and FM, but after seeing the new patch being touted i decided to wait till it was out before starting my new game.

Now...choices choices.

Where do i start my journey with?

My home team - Southend United - No money, always on the brink of admin, will stuggle

A Mega money club ie Chelsea, Man City - downside can sometimes be boring having endless pots of money

A club that needs silverware (sorry to any supporters!) Liverpool, Arsenal - Good teams, cash available and an aim to winning a trophy.

Or a smaller prem club to build up ie Bolton, West Ham - Could find it quite difficult and frustrating.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm choices choices

Any opinions guys!?

Im thinking Liverpool

Southend is tempting but i could end up losing interest if i start to struggle badly and with no funds. hmmmm

*Raises an eyebrow* haha

Love the Rock Quotes, I personally count myself in the millions........ and millions!

As a Colchester United fan, I'd find it hard to recommend playing as Southend, lol, however I usually started every game with my beloved U's and it gets a little boring! I also usually only play 1 save per FM release, got col U to 2043 in FM09, skipped FM10!

This time round however I decided to job swap a little more, but I never like starting at a top top club, have you though about trying a Championship level club, i went as Forest in my FM11 save!

Chesterfield are a good introduction I find. You can get promotion with just a couple of free transfer signings and the odd loan signings. It gets harder once you reach the Championship though as the money you have to spend on wages doesn't go up drastically. I'm managing Chesterfield at the moment with a total wage bill for the week of £43,000 which is £20,000 less than Everton's top player gets and they are in the same division!

Archived