11.3 - scoring issue fixed?

if someone can tell me did SI sort out scoring issue on 11.3?

thanks

What issue? I have not come across a scoring issue in fm2011 regardless of what patch I have used.

What was the scoring issue? I'm playing since 11.0 version and didn't notice one!
What issue? I have not come across a scoring issue in fm2011 regardless of what patch I have used.

It boils down to one of two things:

A) A user thinks more chances/CCCs should be converted than what they are experiencing - This is a perception issue where they feel a higher % are scored in real life.

B) There was a weakness in the ME where the gap between DCs was too large leading to a number of CCCs being created if you used tactics that exploited this weakness. These chances looked better than what the ME calculated and therefore a high % of them were missed.

It boils down to one of two things:

A) A user thinks more chances/CCCs should be converted than what they are experiencing - This is a perception issue where they feel a higher % are scored in real life.

B) There was a weakness in the ME where the gap between DCs was too large leading to a number of CCCs being created if you used tactics that exploited this weakness. These chances looked better than what the ME calculated and therefore a high % of them were missed.

Ahh I see - thanks for the explanation :)

I studied the first point raised by Cougar in one of my saves as Aston Villa. I averaged around 100% for conversion of CCC, which indeed I have never been able to replicate again (although I have not managed a team as good again). That percentage is flawed as not every goal is a CCC etc, but it is a good example. Perhaps I will do this again with my current save as a worse team, see if there is a difference.

The whole idea comes from the occasional game where you have a lot of CCC and do not score them, while the opposition does. This is not an entirely unrealistic turn of events in any case, and I feel the same frustration other people do. If you have a continued problem with this then it is either players or tactics letting you down (or motivation or something).

I was unaware of the second reason given by cougar, which is rather interesting.

Out of interest how would someone tactically exploit the weakness with ccc's created?

Out of interest how would someone tactically exploit the weakness with ccc's created?

it was attacking with high balls or through balls through the middle, there is an ongoing issue with the ME they have never fully solved which makes this type of ball hard for the AI to deal with, the centre backs have a bad habbit of splitting at the wrong moments, it seems to have been toned down a bit with the new patch. So what would happen is people playing mostly high attacking football through the middle would think they were creating lots of good one on one chances but in essence they wern't its just the ME representation of the situation was not very good.

Archived