What the hell is going on!? Can't accept contract offer! Bug?

OK, so since the patch came out today I started a new journeyman game right, and I encountered a huge issue right away. I'm not sure if it was the same before the patch but its definitely ridiculous.

Basically what happened is I was approached by a bunch of teams (I started unemployed) and after weighing my options I decided to go with a brazilian 2nd div team that was offering me 5,750 per week and had the highest transfer/wage budgets. Anyway I click view offer, and the 5,750 slot is redded out "because of board restrictions", EVEN THOUGH ITS THE BOARD WHO'S TRYING TO HIRE ME. And I can't accept THEIR offer unless I reduce it on my own! The only option to click on is "walk away"! I checked some of the other offers and the same applies!!

Has anyone else experienced this? What do I do? Try starting a new game unemployed and check out the offers and you'll see what I mean.

I dont have this issue - done half a season and signed 18 players fine. Discussed contracts with 100+ players and all fine.

When i update the patch i first uninstall the whole game, delete all files and start fresh. Might help.

I dont have this issue - done half a season and signed 18 players fine. Discussed contracts with 100+ players and all fine.

When i update the patch i first uninstall the whole game, delete all files and start fresh. Might help.

No I'm not talking about negotiations with players, I'm talking about an offer that was made to ME as a manager, and I couldn't accept it because apparently it went against THEIR board restrictions, which makes absolutely no sense considering its the board who made me that offer.

Thanks for the tip though, might just do that.

Would suggest posting this in the official 11.3 feedback thread or in the bugs forum as this has been an issue from the date of release.

wow....how on earth did they not fix this in the patch. Good going SI.

Maybe it wasn't raised enough? I think I raised it once, but I don't think I've seen it raised by anyone else. Also, we don't know if they didn't try. They may have fixed it, but then fixing another bug could of had a knock on effect that broke this one again without them realising. It rarely happens, so isn't a major issue. Best thing to do is just go to another club.

I raised the same bug a while back. But it's not on a new club offer, but on a contract extension from my current club. The way I was managed to get away with it is by going on holiday when they offer me a new contract. Successfully signed the 4 years deals twice that way.

Dunno what will happen to you though on your save because yours a new club offer.

Archived