Players Requesting New Contracts.

Over the last month or two something this really start to wind me up.

This is the situation of players requesting a new contract every single time a team comes in for them. On my last save with Arsenal i had a player who was wanting a new contract on a regular basis so in the end i decided to just sell the player as he was bringing morale down and results with his poor attitude.

Has anyone else being experiencing this?

I get it now and then, Normally I just agree whatever if im at a big club.

Half the time they get sold tho as ive normally had them from a young age when they had a low wage, As i always find new talent to bring through.

If you have good squad discipline, just refuse based on time remaining and the player will accept it. Beware, if you have bad squad discipline, all hell might break loose.

What you say doesn't work all the time. I have a great team discipline. It is really annoying for the player to ask me for a better wage, everytime I compliment him on a certain game. It gets more annoying! I told one of my player(he is professional and level-headed) that I will not offer him a better wage because he has more time on his contract. He said he is sorry if he was disrespectful towards me. Well this is great so far. After 1 month, he asked for a better wage again. I told him the same thing. His answer was exactly the same. I mean yes he has great "heading" attribute but heading a ball shouldn't make that forgetfull or stupid! I wrote this somewhere else but again it wasn't fixed.

Yeah, happens a bit too often i think. Almost all the time I just say no, time remaining and they accept it OK. Only time I give new contract is for important player with less than 2 yr remaining, or if they've really improved a lot and their wage is now way below their performance. Also I find that instead of rejecting a transfer offer outright, I negotiate with a really high asking price (e.g. offer 5M, I say I want 40M), then the AI teams won't keep making offers for my players. Then I don't have to deal with this asking for new contract BS so much.

Archived