Patch 11.3 player transfers

I have had no issues selling players at all in FM11 so I would say it has been easy right from the start.

I agree. Not really sure what all the fuss has been about - I've got on fine with the transfers.

I have had no issues selling players at all in FM11 so I would say it has been easy right from the start.

I would agree. I find its best to wait till clubs are interested or list them first and see if there's a lot of interest, if there is you will get good prices for your players.

I've managed to get double the value and more for a lot of players.

The problem I had faced till now was that none of the teams were making a bid for my players. There will be interest and lot of speculation in media without ever getting an offer. Only option was to offer player to clubs. Have not tested so far in 11.3 as I did not have time to start up a new save yet.

It's much better selling players, as man utd I got 6 something for that backup polish keeper, 10 mill from celtic and 8.25 (with 50% sell on) over 48 months offered for john o'shea and 15 million from 2 teams for michael carrick :)

better than last patch for sure

I started with Liverpool and couldn't find a single club interested in Poulsen, Joe Cole and Fabio Aurelio. I was lucky with Agger though, offered him for 19M€, Man City was the only interested and offer that right away.

I agree as well. Given I started as AFC Wimbledon and did not start selling properly until 2015-2016 and big name players around 2020. When I played in PL I felt I could easily get rid of my players for decent fees.

I don't think there has been an issue with selling players from the first patch :thup:

There has been actually, for many people AI teams wouldn't ever bid more than the market value of a player. That has been fixed in 11.3 as far as I can tell though.

I started with Liverpool and couldn't find a single club interested in Poulsen, Joe Cole and Fabio Aurelio. I was lucky with Agger though, offered him for 19M€, Man City was the only interested and offer that right away.

No one would buy poulsen or cole as they wouldnt move because they only just moved there...

There has been actually, for many people AI teams wouldn't ever bid more than the market value of a player. That has been fixed in 11.3 as far as I can tell though.

Thats because a lot of people didn't bother setting an asking price therefore teams bid the value they saw.

If you set an asking price you did receive higher bids but the issue seemed to be a lack of bids overall for a human user compared to an AI team.

Thats because a lot of people didn't bother setting an asking price therefore teams bid the value they saw.

If you set an asking price you did receive higher bids but the issue seemed to be a lack of bids overall for a human user compared to an AI team.

exactly this, i set asking prices for all players, and i have sold heaps of players for well above their market value sometimes 5 or 6 times as much as the game values them, its just not FM10 where anyone could be sold for twice their ingame value.

The only players I have trouble shifting are potential superstars who never improved, and thus are on too big a contract compared to their actual worth. Obviously given their wage demands, no-one else wants them either.

Players that are actually good enough to play (at other top teams even if not at mine) are easy to shift, often at 3-4 times their value.

Setting an asking price doesn't help anything. Believe me I have tried that. I don't believe you guys who say there's no problem. I didn't start new game with new patch though so I don't know if anything changed.

Setting an asking price doesn't help anything. Believe me I have tried that. I don't believe you guys who say there's no problem. I didn't start new game with new patch though so I don't know if anything changed.

Setting an asking price doesn't increase the number of bids you receive but when you do get bids they will be based on your asking price as opposed to the valuation.

I haven't played the new patch enough but signs are the amount of activity has increased and they'll be more bids for your players.

it certainly did help alot in 11.2, teams never bid the game value for my players even when offered out because of my set asking value.

i had difficulty selling players in the first 10 seasons for more than they were worth, but once the regens were through bids were large and small. not had too much time on the new patch to see a difference yet >.<

I was rarely able to sell anyone over their et value, i cant believe people saying they didnt think there was a problem. Id set asking prices, if i ever got more it would never meet the asking price, and if i negotiated they would still just offer the same, it was so bad last time round. Now its fine, on my save (2025) i offered out my star FC groningen striker for 16M, last save i would have been offered 5.75m (his value, i only ever got offers like this before), however this time round i was getting offers of £10m, now the market is just far more realistic that i can get money for my players. Just sold a backup left winger worth 1.7m for 4m, pretty much what you could expect to pay for him from a computer team so im ery happy now

Seems some people are playing a different game to me. Can we agree on that some people have this problem and some don't? Might also depend on the leagues you load.

Anyways.. In 11.2 there was definitely a lack of AI bids for me. I have a team full of world-class players who all the big-cash teams were always interested in (Real, Barcelona, ManUtd, ManCity...) but they almost never even tried to buy them by putting in a simple bid equal to their market value. Haven't played 11.3 enough to say whether things have changed.

Archived