Agents, remove them from game if you can't fix them

Seriously it's the worst feature in FM2011, it's so broken that shouldn't even be in the game. They ask ridiculous fees, they was ridiculous wages like 100K a month for a player that is atm winning 1k a week...not to mention the release clauses they ask always remain the same no matter how much the player is worth, i just have a player worth 1.6M and the agent keeps asking 1.1M release clause, it's just absurd.

End rage

Agents are broken, but I haven't encountered many major problems, like their agent asking 20 million or something. Perhaps they have a 'fierce dislike' for you so they're asking for the moon?

I usually keep a good relationship with agents (well most of them) so to me the fees aren't unreasonable. I just find it weird that agents hate me after one broken down negotiation...

Not this again. :thdn:

Agents are broken. There has been some testing done by myself and research done by some other people which I cant be bothered to go into again. Check one of the other many threads about it. It's not even close to being realistic.

Nothing to see here, move along. :p

I really dont think the agents are broken.

What i see is that sometimes you see a agent ask for big fees and big wages to there player, but if you negotiate with them you can get good deals.

I've seen agents asking for 3M fees and 200k/month, and after the negotiation, i buy the player with a fee under 1M and a wage under 150k/month.

So, my opinion is that agents, depending on there mentality of whatever, try to make the best deal to there client. It's up to us to make the best deal to the club.

So, far far from being broken! IRL you have agents that make unrealistic demands, and its up to you to decide if you play along or not.

IMO agents have been a great new fixture to the game, and that make negotiation with players much more realistic!

But, that my opinion!

I remember trying to sign Rene Adler and in total the agent wanted around £20.000.000 in signing on fee and the agent fee

Did you try to negotiate with the agent? Perhaps Adler didn't had to much interest in signning for your club, and thats the reason for the big fees!

I have many examples where they are broken.

Shawcross came to me, got £25000/week wage. 1,5 year later he asked for a new contract. Fair enough, he had been good to me. wanted £135 000 a week and a signon fee around £6m total for agent and player... wtf. And I tried to negotate. I even tryed to go as high as 110, but NO, just straight to 135. (was never gonna get more than £50000 a week from me anyway, but baffled me that he didnt even say yes to 110 000).

Torres for me at liverpool, wanted £150 000, tryed to negotate it, tryed £135 000, then he suddently wanted £220 000 wtf. (ended up givining him £170 000).

Have had many weird situations. Players wanted around £100 000 when they are on £10 000 - 20 000 wages.

I have an example of silly agents, and how it seems to be messing with players too:

So I had my first encounter with an agent, and I'm not particularly impressed. I'm in league 2, and one of my better players had "wants an improved contract" or similar come up on his profile and a short while later I'm told he has concerns. I start a private conversation, and tell him I'll offer him a better contract soonish.

So a day or two later, I click on offer contract, and suddenly my player now has an agent (he didn't when he first signed on a free). The player is on 700 pw (key player), club maximum is 975 pw; the highest player in the league is currently earning 3.4 k. Agent demands 5k pw (i.e. far too much for a L2 player), 50k agent fees (which is about 1/8 of the clubs total cash reserves, and only because of a good cup run, we've been in the red the past 3 seasons), a fat player signing on fee etc. etc. So first off, I agree with those saying that agents don't make sense, because the upshot of all this is that there is no way in hell a player at age 31 in the lower leagues is gonna get that kind of contract. As far as I'm concerned, he can spend the remaining 1.5 years on his contract at 700 quid, by which point he'll be 33 and over the hill as a fast striker. So agents definitely need much more intelligence (or allow us to turn them off completely) and shouldn't be making demands that no one will meet. But I know that this has all been raised a million times before.

Anyway, I offer a take it or leave it contract (they leave it) for 975 pw.

A few weeks later, said player is unhappy at the progress being made in contract talks (which stems from the fact that his agent is an idiot, and would rather he sit out the rest of his contract on 700 pw than 975 pw) and wants a transfer. Fine I think, you've been too much bother as it is. So I transfer list him.

Next day, the player wants to stay at the club, but also no longer wants a new contract. His agent now dislikes me, and still won't negotiate a new contract, but the player is now apparently happy on 700 pw. Something is clearly not right...

Since first posting this, the player has been perfectly happy on his old contract, has been scoring for fun and has not seemed bothered by his contract. This despite him now playing in League 1.

I think the fact that a newly promoted player would want wages almost twice the division's top earner (who was playing a division higher last season) is absolutely ridiculous. The whole "transfer list me" - "oh no I want to stay" malarkey within less than 24 hours and only serves to underline how broken everything is.

The whole "transfer list me" - "oh no I want to stay" malarkey within less than 24 hours and only serves to underline how broken everything is.

thats essentially what Rooney and Tevez did this season, i think its realistic tbh. there are greedy agents IRL and most of the time u can negotiate down anyway

Well, discussion over. The agent fees have been lowered in the patch because...yes, you've guessed it, they were completely unrealistic and had to be tweaked! Thats the official word from SI. Well, sort of official. The fact they changed it pretty much says it needed changing.

Really, case closed.

Well, discussion over. The agent fees have been lowered in the patch because...yes, you've guessed it, they were completely unrealistic and had to be tweaked! Thats the official word from SI. Well, sort of official. The fact they changed it pretty much says it needed changing.

Really, case closed.

All hail you. Case closed. Move along nothing to see here. Everyone move along, dking has spoken.

The fee's were not that unrealistic. They were a little ott, but not by anywhere near what you are saying. In real life Chelsea spent about £42m on transfers between summer 2008 - summer 2009. During this period they also spent over £9.5m on agent fee's. This equates to about 22.5%, so if you spend £10m on a player you should expect to pay about £2.25m on agent fee's.

What really does annoy me, is the fact that

Players current wage: £10,000 P/W

Players request wage: £100,000 P/W

Clauses:

Remain highest paid player

Total crap. I don't want a player on 100k a week getting a constant pay rise, when I'm being forced to pay him 100k but don't think he's worth 25k a week -.-

"The chairman and Paul Fairclough have made numerous attempts to strengthen the squad, including players from the top echelons of the English game down to the Football Conference South. However, a number of agents see Barnet FC's plight as an opportunity for them to make a handsome fee; one deal for a Conference South striker was scuppered when the agent demanded an "80%" sell on fee!"

Would say that the agents are as broken IRL as they are in the game...:p

All hail you. Case closed. Move along nothing to see here. Everyone move along, dking has spoken.

The fee's were not that unrealistic. They were a little ott, but not by anywhere near what you are saying. In real life Chelsea spent about £42m on transfers between summer 2008 - summer 2009. During this period they also spent over £9.5m on agent fee's. This equates to about 22.5%, so if you spend £10m on a player you should expect to pay about £2.25m on agent fee's.

Firstly, I'm sorry if SI lowering agent fees because they were completely over the top which in turn lead to the argument being well and truly over some how put your nose out of joint. :rolleyes:

Secondly, I never gave you an actual idea of why I thought agents in general were broken and fees were completely over the top, but I will now - An agent asking me for a 9million fee is completely over the top. An agent stopping a player from moving to a club because of his greed and ridiculous fees is also very unrealistic. Add to that the fact SI have lowered it is also evidence that they got it wrong, which in turn, means everybody saying it was okay was wrong and this discussion should really be over. Thats not me being arrogant, thats just common sense.

Feel free to hail me some more though as I rather liked it. ;)

not to mention the release clauses they ask always remain the same no matter how much the player is worth, i just have a player worth 1.6M and the agent keeps asking 1.1M release clause, it's just absurd.

This still happens in 11.3 patch, agents still broken...

Firstly, I'm sorry if SI lowering agent fees because they were completely over the top which in turn lead to the argument being well and truly over some how put your nose out of joint. :rolleyes:

Secondly, I never gave you an actual idea of why I thought agents in general were broken and fees were completely over the top, but I will now - An agent asking me for a 9million fee is completely over the top. An agent stopping a player from moving to a club because of his greed and ridiculous fees is also very unrealistic. Add to that the fact SI have lowered it is also evidence that they got it wrong, which in turn, means everybody saying it was okay was wrong and this discussion should really be over. Thats not me being arrogant, thats just common sense.

Feel free to hail me some more though as I rather liked it. ;)

Jst a few:

Ronaldo's agent got somewhere in the region of £9m for his transfer to Madrid.

Alonso £5m

Total money spent on agents (from Oct 08 - Sep 09):

Manchester City - £12,874,283

Chelsea - £9,562,223

Liverpool - £6,657,305

Tottenham - £6,066,935

West Ham - £5,527,548

Arsenal - £4,760,241

Wigan - £3,576,972

Portsmouth - £3,184,725

Bolton - £3,166,611

Everton - £2,008,407

Sunderland - £2,007,040

Aston Villa - £1,708,374

Blackburn - £1,610,885

Hull - £1,599,188

Manchester United - £1,517,393

Fulham - £1,469,258

Wolves - £1,235,703

Birmingham - £974,982

Stoke - £716,042

Burnley - £468,398

Like I said. They were/are a little ott, but not that excessive. People just moan because it means they can't sign who they want without spending some money!

What we need is a way to talk to our own players and ask them to "kindly tell your agent to **** off and we'll talk".

There's nothing more annoying than a decent player who's agent hates you. 18 months left on his contract, and he suddenly wants 10 times his wage, 1.5 times your top earners? And won't even shift down to 4 times his old wage? Fair enough if the player isn't all that interested in staying (at the top team in the world), but when he loves you and is sad to leave you when the eventual transfer goes through it's clear a "Cut out your unreasonable agent or I'll have to sell you" feature is needed.

Jst a few:

Ronaldo's agent got somewhere in the region of £9m for his transfer to Madrid.

Alonso £5m

Total money spent on agents (from Oct 08 - Sep 09):

Manchester City - £12,874,283

Chelsea - £9,562,223

Liverpool - £6,657,305

Tottenham - £6,066,935

West Ham - £5,527,548

Arsenal - £4,760,241

Wigan - £3,576,972

Portsmouth - £3,184,725

Bolton - £3,166,611

Everton - £2,008,407

Sunderland - £2,007,040

Aston Villa - £1,708,374

Blackburn - £1,610,885

Hull - £1,599,188

Manchester United - £1,517,393

Fulham - £1,469,258

Wolves - £1,235,703

Birmingham - £974,982

Stoke - £716,042

Burnley - £468,398

Like I said. They were/are a little ott, but not that excessive. People just moan because it means they can't sign who they want without spending some money!

Ronaldo's transfer was a one off and the most expensive in the world, ever.

Cant comment on Alonso's but thats only one 9million fee and one 5million fee in 100's of transfers.

From summer 08 to summer 09 Man City signed 19 players, spent over 241million and you're some how comparing this to FM? Now lets just say the agents, in FM, got 3million each, thats 19x3 which equals 57million. Now add onto that some of the ridiculously inflated agent fees on FM which is generally around 4-6 million for players over the 10-15million mark and what do you get? I don't think we need to do anymore math to prove the point I'm making.

The reason I moaned wasn't because I 'couldn't sign who I wanted', it was after running some tests - After a few years some top players are never able to move clubs again because there isn't a board in the world who will pay the agent fee. No matter which club I took over, or how much money I gave them, boards just flat out refused to pay the agent fees which would lead on to players contracts running out, and probably never being signed again so they could either end up retiring at a young age or just not playing for a year, and all because of there greedy agents. A ridiculous feature and completely over the top with there demands.

For the record, I don't think agent fees are that unrealistic when you're signing lower end players, but once you start hitting the big time a few years into the game, agent fees completely spiral out of control to the point that it could be considered 'game breaking' .

thats essentially what Rooney and Tevez did this season, i think its realistic tbh. there are greedy agents IRL and most of the time u can negotiate down anyway

Did you actually read the bit about the player asking for almost twice as much as the division's top earner?

How is that realistic even close to realistic?

He still wants the same on 11.3 too, so it's still broken.

Archived