How can i tackle complacement?

I mean..seriously...is there anything that can be done? I've been looking around the forums and as it seems morale is one of the most contributing factors in FM2011,well up to a point.

Because as my league runs are progressing now it goes like this every single time:My team starts off well->Morale is boosted to superb->they start getting reckless->morale drops to poor->morale stays there

So ye...the best way for me to start losing is to keep winning...I wish I knew in what way does that make sense,but well,it happens and I'd like to know if there is ANYTHING that can be done about it...

Otherwise I might as well go play in the MLS...at least my players will feel close at home...because right now they are aiming for the bears of Texas...from Scandinavia... :p :p :p

1. Don't congratulate your players on every little thing they do. If you haven't smashed the team bottom of the league 5-0, don't say well done to them.

2. Don't let anyone think their first team place is guaranteed. Mix it up. Rotate the squad. Only the truest professionals will work every game.

3. Don't be afraid to throw in youngsters and fringe players. They have the most to prove, so will give the most motivated performance.

4. Build a squad full of determination.

5. Don't fill your team with overpaid mercenaries. That's just asking for trouble.

Thanks for the replies.I'll keep them all in mind. :)

Additionally,somehow reverting my match preparation to "team blend" erased all complacement on my current league run,I'll keep all the tips in mind when the time comes to step up to high expectations though... :)

Team talks like 'expect a performance', 'expect a win', 'don't let your performance drop' and 'warn against complacency' can help.

With one player I have at the moment, I seem to have to bad mouth him in a press conference to get him to sort it out. The press ask me how he'll react to playing so well, and I say 'complacency may set in'. Then they ask me 'is he playing at the top of his game' and I tell them 'there is more to come'. He ends up getting angry with me, so it has a negative effect immediately, but it seems to be the only way I can pull him out of the complacent cycle. Otherwise he just stays complacent and his form begins to suffer.

Archived