1st lost to 7th really confused how

end of season, i was asked to vote for manager of the year, i am darlington in BSP, stormed the league, scored the most goals, conceaded the least, however the manager who finished in 7th had more end of season points than me, i really dont see how

anyone care to explain

surely me winning the league is better than someone finishing 7th

end of season, i was asked to vote for manager of the year, i am darlington in BSP, stormed the league, scored the most goals, conceaded the least, however the manager who finished in 7th had more end of season points than me, i really dont see how

anyone care to explain

surely me winning the league is better than someone finishing 7th

no it doesnt. It doesnt base on league finish, it is based on how they performed with what they had. For example, if Blackpool finish 7th in the EPL and Man U first, Holloway will be more likely to get it than SAF as SAF was expected to win and Holloway to go down

It's your tactics ;)

Sorry, ive just always wanted to say that.

Yeah if you're a team whos performing to expectation, and they are overachieving, than the other manager is more likely to get plaudits in this game. The game doesnt recognize the size of wins, or dominance, just what position you finished on the ladder. So, your dominance would have accounted for nothing in the award

It's your tactics ;)

Sorry, ive just always wanted to say that.

Yeah if you're a team whos performing to expectation, and they are overachieving, than the other manager is more likely to get plaudits in this game. The game doesnt recognize the size of wins, or dominance, just what position you finished on the ladder. So, your dominance would have accounted for nothing in the award

you are talking about the actual game of football yes, not just FM. This isnt something that only happens in FM mate, its how it works in football itself, Redknapp last year for example

Previous winners of the English version of this award include: Roy Hodgson, David Moyes etc

The award is rarely givin to Fergie or Wenger.

Thanks for your complaint, but please check real life first.

Blackpool finishing 10th would be a bigger achievement than United winning the league.

Previous winners of the English version of this award include: Roy Hodgson, David Moyes etc

The award is rarely givin to Fergie or Wenger.

Thanks for your complaint, but please check real life first.

Blackpool finishing 10th would be a bigger achievement than United winning the league.

Not quite...there are two different Manager of the Year awards, with totally different criteria for winning.

You're referring to the LMA MotY award: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LMA_Manager_of_the_Year which in my opinion is the better of the two awards as it does take into consideration things like how strong the squad is or how much financial backing they have, so tends to be awarded to the manager of a team that has 'overachieved'. Since the manager has got the best out of his players to the point where they've considerably exceeded expectations, I think it makes sense that they get credit, rather than it going to the manager of a team who was expected to do well and didn't raise any eyebrows in picking up the league title :) There are times when the Premiership-winning manager does deserve the award (e.g. 1999 when Fergie won the league, FA Cup and Champions League, or 2004 when Wenger's Arsenal side went undefeated for the entire season) but for the most part they're just doing what they were expected to do.

But there's also the Premier League MotY award: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_Manager_of_the_Year which almost always gets awarded blindly to whoever wins the Premiership, short of 'miracle' achievements (notably George Burley with Ipswich who qualified for Europe in their first season back in the top flight...Harry Redknapp last season is the only other one who has won the award without winning the Premiership, Spurs being the first team since Newcastle in 2003 to stop all of the big four qualifying for the Champions League)

Not quite...there are two different Manager of the Year awards, with totally different criteria for winning.

You're referring to the LMA MotY award: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LMA_Manager_of_the_Year which in my opinion is the better of the two awards as it does take into consideration things like how strong the squad is or how much financial backing they have, so tends to be awarded to the manager of a team that has 'overachieved'. Since the manager has got the best out of his players to the point where they've considerably exceeded expectations, I think it makes sense that they get credit, rather than it going to the manager of a team who was expected to do well and didn't raise any eyebrows in picking up the league title :) There are times when the Premiership-winning manager does deserve the award (e.g. 1999 when Fergie won the league, FA Cup and Champions League, or 2004 when Wenger's Arsenal side went undefeated for the entire season) but for the most part they're just doing what they were expected to do.

But there's also the Premier League MotY award: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_Manager_of_the_Year which almost always gets awarded blindly to whoever wins the Premiership, short of 'miracle' achievements (notably George Burley with Ipswich who qualified for Europe in their first season back in the top flight...Harry Redknapp last season is the only other one who has won the award without winning the Premiership, Spurs being the first team since Newcastle in 2003 to stop all of the big four qualifying for the Champions League)

True, but how many manager awards does the game include? 1 - for licensing reasons.

So, on that basis they have made the 1 EPL manager award a culmination of the 2.

It works well in my opinion. I think the game wants to reproduce the LMA award but calls it the other name.

A bit like how the World Player of the Year awards are wrong in game.

Archived