**help** new patch!!

Hi all,

I recently downloaded the new patch 11.2.1 and installed the 'RTC's national league system update - taking FM11 to level 11' and installed level 8.

I have followed the instructions that are their but in the second season man utd are in the lower league cups. How do i solve this?

*here's the message on the page, so it must be a common thing? ; NOTE: YOU MUST RUN ALL AVAILABLE LEVELS. IF YOU ONLY WANT TO GO TO LEVEL 8, USE THE LITE EDITION. IF YOU ONLY WANT TO GO TO LEVEL 10, USE THE FULL EDITION. IF MAN UTD ARE PLAYING IN THE LOWER LEAGUE CUPS IN SEASON 2, YOU'VE FAILED TO DO THIS.

How do i run the levels?

Many thanks - i have asked on the editors forum but have had no reply.

The thread is very long though, with alot of pages. Most of what i trawled through isn't about my problem and that's what i need help with as i now know i haven't followed the instructions properly but i don't know where i have gone wrong.

Well your only stuck here waiting for an answer anyway. You may as well read it and try and find the answer rather than do nothing.

Hi all,

I recently downloaded the new patch 11.2.1 and installed the 'RTC's national league system update - taking FM11 to level 11' and installed level 8.

I have followed the instructions that are their but in the second season man utd are in the lower league cups. How do i solve this?

*here's the message on the page, so it must be a common thing? ; NOTE: YOU MUST RUN ALL AVAILABLE LEVELS. IF YOU ONLY WANT TO GO TO LEVEL 8, USE THE LITE EDITION. IF YOU ONLY WANT TO GO TO LEVEL 10, USE THE FULL EDITION. IF MAN UTD ARE PLAYING IN THE LOWER LEAGUE CUPS IN SEASON 2, YOU'VE FAILED TO DO THIS.

How do i run the levels?

Many thanks - i have asked on the editors forum but have had no reply.

Are you running all 8 levels?

When you start the game and you choose which leagues you want to load, you pick England and then change the lowest active league from the drop down menu to the lowest one available. So if your only bothered about going to level 8, you would install the Lite version, then select Level 8 as your lowest active league. Exactly like it says in the instructions in your OP.

NOTE: YOU MUST RUN ALL AVAILABLE LEVELS. IF YOU ONLY WANT TO GO TO LEVEL 8, USE THE LITE EDITION. IF YOU ONLY WANT TO GO TO LEVEL 10, USE THE FULL EDITION. IF MAN UTD ARE PLAYING IN THE LOWER LEAGUE CUPS IN SEASON 2, YOU'VE FAILED TO DO THIS.

Why are you bumping the thread. Can you not read the instructions in the link you have provided? Its there in black and white and its very very simple.

There are 3 links. One for Level 8, one for Level 10 and one for Level 11.

If you only want to manage down to Level 8, just download the Level 8 File.

To use it correctly, do this:

When starting a new game, it's recommended you tick 'Add key staff'. That way the players generated in the bottom tiers will be a mixture of ages, rather than all being 16 or so You should also make sure you run all available levels in your chosen file - i.e. if you only want to run to level 8, you MUST use the Level 8 file AND enable all leagues to level 8 when you start your new game.

Yes i know as i have said time and time again, there is no option to run lite of full version?

There is no option to use a specific version when you start a new game. You get that option when you download the files. If you look on the page for the files you will see links to 3 different versions (I think), one of them only goes down to level 8, one to level 10 and the other one to level 11.

If you only want to run 8 levels then you download the level 8 version and run all the available levels, if you want level 10 you download the level 10 version and run all 10 levels and the same for level 11.

What you will have done is download either the level 10 of level 11 version but only chosen to run the first 8 levels.

There is nothing that can be done to fix the problem you've created, you need to start a new save and this time FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.

There is no option to use a specific version when you start a new game. You get that option when you download the files. If you look on the page for the files you will see links to 3 different versions (I think), one of them only goes down to level 8, one to level 10 and the other one to level 11.

If you only want to run 8 levels then you download the level 8 version and run all the available levels, if you want level 10 you download the level 10 version and run all 10 levels and the same for level 11.

What you will have done is download either the level 10 of level 11 version but only chosen to run the first 8 levels.

There is nothing that can be done to fix the problem you've created, you need to start a new save and this time FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.

I did follow all the instructions carefully a couple of times and the only stage i can see that i have gone wrong is there was no option to download level 8 lite or level 8 full version. Should there be? Otherwise i'll just try again

Also many thanks for your reply.

I did follow all the instructions carefully a couple of times and the only stage i can see that i have gone wrong is there was no option to download level 8 lite or level 8 full version. Should there be? Otherwise i'll just try again

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/227320-RTC-s-English-National-League-System-Update-Taking-FM11-to-Level-11.

In that thread, VERY CLEARLY, are 3 download links. They are all in the first post, one above the other, under a big title which says "Download Links".

They are the 3 download links.

Level 8 Version - http://www.mediafire.com/?vvg84zbbbm496tt

Level 10 Version - http://www.mediafire.com/?r3wj3zbjbpdec7d

Level 11 Version - http://www.mediafire.com/?4zn1ziojg43046q

*EDIT* THERE IS NO LEVEL 8 LITE & LEVEL 8 FULL VERSION. LEVEL 8 IS THE LITE VERSION, LEVEL 10 IS THE NORMAL VERSION AND LEVEL 11 IS THE FULL VERSION. ITS NOT COMPLICATED.

You clearly didn't follow the instructions.

It really is very simple - How many levels do you want to run?

8? - Download & use the file with eight levels and select all eight levels when setting up the save

10? - Download & use the file with ten levels and select all ten levels when setting up the save

11? - Download & use the file with eleven levels and select all eleven levels when setting up the save

I think i might just give up.

Incase anything was done wrong i tried again, deleted and re-installed level 8. Followed the instructions, slected the 8 levels - just went as manager of a team in the evo-stick north to skip to the second season and man utd are in the lancashire senor cup.

There is obviously something that i haven't done but that's it i guess. Thanks for all the help. I'll have to stick to managing in the higher leagues :(:thdn:

I have tried again today, sorry to keep banging on about it if that's what it seems like but i am trying everything. I always check before wastng time playing the first season and then finding out than man utd are playing in the lower league cups. I pick to manage chester and then go on holiday until the end of the season/begining of the next one - is this the same as playing the season?

*if there is no level 8 lite and full version then why does it say "NOTE: YOU MUST RUN ALL AVAILABLE LEVELS. IF YOU ONLY WANT TO GO TO LEVEL 8, USE THE LITE EDITION"I downloaded level 8 and selected the 8 leagues in the game.

**"Select ‘Preferences’ and go to the ‘Display/Sound’ tab. UNTICK use skin cache. TICK ‘Always Reload Skin on Confirm’"I tick and untick these - click onto new game and click the change box in the pop-up, then a box appears and says 'do you want to discard your changes?' I have tried clicking no and yes at this stage.

***"Select the LATEST file in the list, if not already. Deselect ALL OLD VERSIONS"Is this the editor data part in the game? there is one file there ticked. So i don't have to change anyting here.

There the only three parts anything may have gone wrong but i thought i have tried each outcome - deleted and re-istalled the patch ect.

god all mighty, I know some people are slower than others but this fella takes the cake, I seriously don't know how people can explain it more easily.

lite version is level 8 file. how hard is that to understand ?

normal version is level 10

level 11 is full version.

there is only 1 version for each of the 3 levels. LITE = level 8. do you understand ?

If you want to play with 8 levels (lite version) then download level 8 file, start a new saved game and select the 8 leagues, then you are done, all finished, you've done it right.

by the way how old are you ? or are you just naturally slow ?

god all mighty, I know some people are slower than others but this fella takes the cake, I seriously don't know how people can explain it more easily.

lite version is level 8 file. how hard is that to understand ?

normal version is level 10

level 11 is full version.

there is only 1 version for each of the 3 levels. LITE = level 8. do you understand ?

If you want to play with 8 levels (lite version) then download level 8 file, start a new saved game and select the 8 leagues, then you are done, all finished, you've done it right.

by the way how old are you ? or are you just naturally slow ?

As always, thanks for the reply.

Do you have to be so patronising? FFS

Yes, i now get that as posters have explained earlier in the thread, i have done EVERY instruction over and over. I just can't see what part i have obviously missed out.

I am 19 and i am not naturally slow no.

Archived