Do you load any view-only leagues when starting a new save?

italy and germany as im not very good managing in their leagues xD but i enjoy getting their players. and brazil/argentina if im going on a long term save and want alot of quality regens

Are there any advantages to loading them, I realise it does not load all the players from there but I think you can send scouts to the leagues and not the nations with view only although I may be wrong.

I do. Spain and Italy this year. I know I will never manage there, but it makes it more realistic. Older FMs when my PC could handle it I would load about 18 nations viewable and the biggest 6 playable. And then I ended up sticking to England anyway.

Not really sure how much of a difference it makes power-wise. I think I asked that question about 2 year ago but I'm still none the wiser.

This year I only went 2 viewable but loaded lots of players instead,

I do. Spain and Italy this year. I know I will never manage there, but it makes it more realistic. Older FMs when my PC could handle it I would load about 18 nations viewable and the biggest 6 playable. And then I ended up sticking to England anyway.

Not really sure how much of a difference it makes power-wise. I think I asked that question about 2 year ago but I'm still none the wiser.

This year I only went 2 viewable but loaded lots of players instead,

The star system gives the estimated game speed on mine the same stars with 15 playable leagues and 92 view-only as it does with 15 playable. Even if I cannot play in the view-only I think it will help immerse myself in the game world if I can view all the leagues. Especially since I will be going from continent to continent.

Not just that though, it seems more realistic as it does a better job of generating results and form so you can pick up relagated players or good players with bad form which might reduce price. Things that if you hadnt loaded the league might not happen as much or as well. Well thats my thought process on it, wether it works out that way or not I'm not so sure. But thats why I do it.

I do because I only ever really manage in England, but I send lots of players out on loan so its better to have the league running for their development.

At the moment ive got:

Playable: England to League 2

View Only: Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Portugal and Spain. Top divisions only.

Does anyone know if there is a real benefit other than it making the game world bigger?

Yes as ive just said, the players you send on loan to these leagues actually get a rating for the matches they play so it helps with their development. Plus the league pans out properly. One year I seen Forfar enter the Uefa cup in the third season because teams from leagues that are not loaded are put into competitions more randomly. If you load Scotland, chances are it will always be Rangers and Celtic plus one more. If you dont, you will probably still get Rangers and Celtic because of their reputations but the third is more random.

I do, mainly for one reason... If I choose only the league I'm coaching and a couple more, after a few seasons (like 10 or 15) you tend to get tired of facing the exact same opposition in European matches, I always choose around 44 leagues (like the one I'm playing right now), Portugal, England, Spain and Italy playable, and around 40 in view-only mode, this way you see champions around the game world change from time to time. It's sad if you don't see new faces in Champions League.

Is the star system for estimated speed right in that no matter how many view-only leagues are loaded it doesn't slow processing at all?

it doesn't - in my last save i've loaded all leagues, and everything is okey.

I do, mainly for one reason... If I choose only the league I'm coaching and a couple more, after a few seasons (like 10 or 15) you tend to get tired of facing the exact same opposition in European matches, I always choose around 44 leagues (like the one I'm playing right now), Portugal, England, Spain and Italy playable, and around 40 in view-only mode, this way you see champions around the game world change from time to time. It's sad if you don't see new faces in Champions League.

I was hoping that this sort of thing would come of loading all the leagues.

it doesn't - in my last save i've loaded all leagues, and everything is okey.

Judging by the way my save has started it doesn't seem to slow it down.

I always load all leagues that im not playing in as view only I find that it creates a more immersive feel to the game, easier to scout these leagues and the transfer market works better.

I wouldnt trust the performance rating all that much as it is highly erratic.

I load quite a lot of view-only leagues because I know I'll never manage there, but would quite like the league to exist. Spain, for example - I won't manage there, but I want Real Madrid and Barcelona to be in a league. I always have Belgium since they're often home to a feeder team.

Yes as ive just said, the players you send on loan to these leagues actually get a rating for the matches they play so it helps with their development. Plus the league pans out properly. One year I seen Forfar enter the Uefa cup in the third season because teams from leagues that are not loaded are put into competitions more randomly. If you load Scotland, chances are it will always be Rangers and Celtic plus one more. If you dont, you will probably still get Rangers and Celtic because of their reputations but the third is more random.
Except that Rangers and Celtic would be qualifying for the Champions League rather than the Europa League. And besides, who says that Forfar wouldn't be able to fluke their way to a cup final and qualify for Europe? Twice in the past few years teams from the first division have reached a cup final (Queen of the South in 2008 and Ross County last year) and because QotS were playing Rangers (who'd obviously qualified for the Champions League already) they got into Europe even though they lost the final. It's not exactly impossible that a second division team could do the same thing ;)

Except that Rangers and Celtic would be qualifying for the Champions League rather than the Europa League. And besides, who says that Forfar wouldn't be able to fluke their way to a cup final and qualify for Europe? Twice in the past few years teams from the first division have reached a cup final (Queen of the South in 2008 and Ross County last year) and because QotS were playing Rangers (who'd obviously qualified for the Champions League already) they got into Europe even though they lost the final. It's not exactly impossible that a second division team could do the same thing ;)

It was an example. Probably wasnt Forfar. I just remember when I first saw it, I raised the quesiton and I was answered by a mod or tester that its because teams from un-loaded leagues are entered randomly into european competitions. But it goes on reputation so your still more likely to get Rangers and Celtic but every now and again you will see a random in there. Like Forfar in the Champs league (implying they won the league ahead of Celtic and Rangers).

Archived