New Release Date?

We are currently into the second week of March, and still the final version of Football Manager 2011 is not complete! This is only 2 months before the end of the 2010/11 season.

My idea, is simple. Instead of bringing the game out late in the year, and then endlessly trying to correct the faults with patches, why not release the game around the christmas period (ideal for christmas presents) and then release 1 patch in Feburary for the transfer updates. This leaves more time to correct all the bugs before the game is released, and means that the final game is ready almost straight away, and then can be easily updated for the new transfers.

What are peoples opinions on this proposal?

there is another thread debating everything, post in there, and ur idea has been mentioned 20 times

from miles in the update thread - And another update - having finally found out what the issue was, and fixing it (the issue would only have happened on some hardware, and the code concerned is 4 years old, so it's been in there for a while) we spent the whole weekend "soak" testing (ie - having the game run without a human playing it in a special holiday mode that still does some actions) and it ran the whole weekend, on well over 100 machines, without crashing, which is very good news indeed.

Now the process of "sweep" testing has started (where a bunch of human testers try and break the game, and test out every option). This normally takes 3 days, so if all goes to plan, the data update and patch should be out this week.

Thank you all for your patience!

Read the sticky thread at top of the forum

surprise surprise patch NOT OUT!!! i for one have had enough i wont be buyin any more fm!!! SI couldnt run a **** up in a brewery! there r a JOKE, miles posts an update and all u bum lickers fall for it!! WOT A LOAD OF ********

bye

Archived