Wayne Rooney - Suddenly a God

Started playing with the new patch and so far one player has stood head and shoulders above everyone, and it's Wayne Rooney...

I'm upto boxing day in the first season and so far Rooney has scored 21 goals, 7 assists and 7 MoM in 18 league appearances, with an average rating of 7.89. 2 goals in 2 cup appearances with an average rating of 7.50

Anyone else find this happening in theres

Started playing with the new patch and so far one player has stood head and shoulders above everyone, and it's Wayne Rooney...

I'm upto boxing day in the first season and so far Rooney has scored 21 goals, 7 assists and 7 MoM in 18 league appearances, with an average rating of 7.89. 2 goals in 2 cup appearances with an average rating of 7.50

Anyone else find this happening in theres

When I was still on 801, after Neville and Giggs retired in the same season, I named Rooney captain.

He went on to have a blinder of a season, leading the EPL, CL, FA, LC scoring charts, benging them in almost for fun.

Ended up with either 50 in 49 games, or something around like that. was one more goal then games played.

Playing in the following season, he isnt as prollific in front of goal, but he has been out injured a few times, but he has still been leading from the front!

I started using 802 at the start of the current season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott1990:

He's had more goals than games in mine too... I think this is a problem. He's a really good player and he makes United tick but he does not score too many goals. I wish there was a way to reflect this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wish this too. lets take kuyt. there's no doubting that in theory he's a good player. he has some good stats. but in real life he doesn't score that much.

in fm he does.

I took over United (3rd season) and Rooney was already captain an had a storming season, scoring loads. Ronaldo also broke all the records for assists.

In my second season with them (4th in game season) and Rooney is not as prolific as Ashton whom I brought into play with him. Ronaldo is also not performing to the same standards. Wondered whether he has been found out, so set him to switch position with the left winger and seems to have given him a new lease of life. Rooney is getting better too, but still struggling a little.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ssaun is cool:

TBF, he's doing this now atm anyway... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps the funniest thing i've seen written here ever. How many league goals has he got irl? He certainly hasn't scored 21 in 18 apps.

It varies from season to season, but i generally don't see him score less than 20 (league goals) per season - which is more than he has ever scored IRL. But this really should be brought up in the data forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

But he is a footballing god...

...albeit a bloody ugly "Shrek" lookey-likey god, but hey, If Quazimodo could play with Rooney's ability, I'd be first in the queue to sign him!! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, Shrek look-a-like, nice one.

About Quazimodo... um, yeah, I'd shoot him too. LOL

He is a bit overrated in FM, but not as much as in FM07 and not as much as Dirk Kuyt who is now just as good as Rooney icon_confused.gif

Ronaldo and Rooney's stats went down with the new patch for the same reason that Elano's went up - they're two-footed and Elano is very one-footed, and the game seems to rank two-footedness very highly now. There's a long thread about this on the Tactics and Training forum, very interseting.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bluebeard:

Ronaldo and Rooney's stats went down with the new patch for the same reason that Elano's went up - they're two-footed and Elano is very one-footed, and the game seems to rank two-footedness very highly now. There's a long thread about this on the Tactics and Training forum, very interseting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any linkage, thread title or recommended search term please?

He's just got 62 in 48 games for me.

I have to admit, prior to that 30 in 43 - but then I changed the system, had the mids send balls to him ,and popped his long shots to mixed.

The nmumber of goals he scores from outside the 18 yard box.......i find myself shouting "oohhhh" and twirling around on my swivel chair...

Nothing quite like a turn and shoot 30 yarder inside the post......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Half-time Orange:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bluebeard:

Ronaldo and Rooney's stats went down with the new patch for the same reason that Elano's went up - they're two-footed and Elano is very one-footed, and the game seems to rank two-footedness very highly now. There's a long thread about this on the Tactics and Training forum, very interseting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any linkage, thread title or recommended search term please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here it is.

And I'd be delighted to answer any questions you may have. It is a long thread but is is in interesting one. I would say that though being a contributor. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hawshiels:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Half-time Orange:

There's a long thread about this on the Tactics and Training forum, very interseting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any linkage, thread title or recommended search term please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here it is.

And I'd be delighted to answer any questions you may have. It is a long thread but is is in interesting one. I would say that though being a contributor. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thamks Hawshiels - coincidentally, while searching, I bookmarked this for a read later - but for a different reason icon_biggrin.gif

Archived