Small London Teams to Build Up?

Can anyone advise on a small London club to start at that could and have the potential to be built up to a bigger club. The reason I'm asking is I want to make sure a club I'm going to spend a long time at has a metropolitan area to gain fans and stature and attract bigger players in time.

Thanks for any info on this.

How could you forget the only west london team going to wembley this year? Shameful man :D

lol funny thing was i knew i was bound to forget at least one team in the bottom two divisions and that a supporter of that team was bound to be on the thread when i did, its sods law.

forgot about the bees :)

heres a link that will help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_London#Clubs

Thanks for the Wiki link, I'm gonna check out these clubs, I am kinda looking for colours I like too. I'm currently going Burnley all the time right now just picked them out of the blue, but don't like there colours so much, looking for London club for that metropolitan pull for building up and gaining interest.

Orient would be a good team to start with but Charlton and Brentford are also great prospects. Charlton would probably be the easiest of the three though tbh.

Although the smallest club in London is the arrse

I'd go for Bromley personally, sure - it has a poor-ish stadium and it starts at the bottom wrung, but I'd say that makes it all the more fun as you get to build a team from the bottom up and create a legend.

I was just about to suggest bromley, then I spotted your post right at the end.

I have always started bromley these past few years. Ever since that year that players wouldnt come to my club because they wanted to live in a more metropolitan area I have done that. Not sure if that feature still exists or its because I'm always bromley I just dont see it anymore.

Was also going to suggest Bromley if you wanted a real challenge. Just completed my 2nd season in charge and a second straight title and FA trophy.

Now preparing for my first year with them in the football league. A big challenge ahead!!!

I'd go for Bromley personally, sure - it has a poor-ish stadium and it starts at the bottom wrung, but I'd say that makes it all the more fun as you get to build a team from the bottom up and create a legend.

I looked at Bromley but it's just too much - lol

I looked at Bromley but it's just too much - lol

Bromley have made themselves into a premier league force on my save and have been in the EPL for 50 seasons.

Other than that I would go with Leyton Orient.

I was just about to suggest bromley, then I spotted your post right at the end.

I have always started bromley these past few years. Ever since that year that players wouldnt come to my club because they wanted to live in a more metropolitan area I have done that. Not sure if that feature still exists or its because I'm always bromley I just dont see it anymore.

Was also going to suggest Bromley if you wanted a real challenge. Just completed my 2nd season in charge and a second straight title and FA trophy.

Now preparing for my first year with them in the football league. A big challenge ahead!!!

That's just to much hardcore for me I think, I can't even adjust my eyes to seeing stats as low as that! - lol

I like the colours though and the modest starting position, well modest is maybe to much it is the very bottom.

I think for me picking teams llike bromley is the only way to play this game. Its so enjoyable watching your team grow. Once I get to the prem that is when I sometimes feel myself getting bored. Sometimes I even resign when that happens and try to find another bromley to try again.

A couple of seasons and youll be past charlton and the likes with some nice free signings. Decent players are alot easier to find at that level.

The biggest problem this year sounds like getting a bigger stadium, judging by some of the comments on the forums. I hope not.

If you want Football League then I'd say Leyton Orient would be my choice. :thup:

What about picking a Non-League club in London? Or maybe one just outside London, in a city of its own, with a decent population and potential catchment area, who play in yellow and blue............. hint, hint............ :p

What other big cities in England would you guys suggest, I'm asking as I'm not from England.

Manchester, er.. that might be it. Birmingham maybe. Oh, and liverpool.

Manchester, er.. that might be it. Birmingham maybe. Oh, and liverpool.

All those clubs like Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool are all to big like I was explaining I have been going Burnley so I'm looking for something that can go up and down...

All those clubs like Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool are all to big like I was explaining I have been going Burnley so I'm looking for something that can go up and down...

Those are the biggest citys though, theres lots of little clubs that live there. Liverpool have Tranmere, Stockport in Manchester. Among others. I think so anyway. My geography is not the best.

Depends where you want. If you want a Championship side that will take a few seasons before you Prem it then Palace or Millwall would be a good call. QPR you could probably take up straight away

In League One both Charlton, Brentford and Leyton Orient offer their own challenges. Charlton have the stadium to get up quite quickly, but Orient and Brentford would be quite cool to build up. Dagenham would be a tough team to build and they have a tiny ground. They are awesome mind you.

In League Two if you want a real challenge then Barnet might be a good shout although if you don't want to take on Bromley you won't really wanna take on Barnet.

You have outskirt clubs that you could look at as well. Watford in the Championship; Wycombe and Stevenage in League 2.

You're not stuck for choice anyways.

Those are the biggest citys though, theres lots of little clubs that live there. Liverpool have Tranmere, Stockport in Manchester. Among others. I think so anyway. My geography is not the best.

Mine is terrible for that part of the world...that's why I was asking you local guys - lol

How about Millwall then. In the heart of london. Know for their very, how can I say, passionate fans, used to be a bigger club but have hit on hardish times. You could return them to former glory

Greenwich Borough :p Seriously I think Charlton will be the best team for you. Decent squad, decent size stadium and there is no major club in South London to my knowledge.

Take them back to the Conference and into the Football League for the first time ever! Try to overtake local clubs Watford and Luton Town! Bring the happy times back to the Saints! :p

Never would they overtake the mighty hatters :D

to the OP - I'd say Leyton Orient but that's probably cause they've had the most publicity recently with appealing the Olympic stadium decision and drawing with Arsenal the other week.

If you want a small london club, then go for west ham, come on you LIONS !

Who wants to play in the Premier League anyways, overrated really. Championship is the place to be yes? *safety wink*

In all honesty, Millwall or Leyton Orient would be the teams to go if you’re looking for a smallish London based team with potential to grow.

Archived