Dynamic league reputation: Does it work

For a European nation, it seems to be working; i've seen people mention they've got Wales and Northern Ireland up the competition rankings as a result of improved performances in European Competitions.

My own experiences in Brazil haven't been promising though; despite winning pretty much everything there was in South America for 7 years, the Brazilian First Division wasn't even ranked as the best South American competition, this honour went to the Argentine Premier Division :thdn:

Yes it works.

It would be nice if in the next version of FM the higher the ranking your league gets more the increase in TV Money and Prize Money for winning the domestics Leagues and Cups.

Someone managing in the Northern Ireland league has seen their TV Monies and Prize Monies increase as a result of the League reputation rising :thup:

As far as i know, some Leagues are 'hard-coded' though and won't change, at least from what i remember from the news items on release.

Someone managing in the Northern Ireland league has seen their TV Monies and Prize Monies increase as a result of the League reputation rising :thup:

As far as i know, some Leagues are 'hard-coded' though and won't change, at least from what i remember from the news items on release.

I wish there was a list of hardcoded leagues just so we knew which ones would be more difficult.

but there isnt a list of hardcoded leagues, they have stated before that this was going to be the case before release but they sorted the legal side of things and now ALL leagues have dynamic prize money built into them.

Cool no need for the list then lol.

Ah right, that's good to know. Thanks for the information :)

what i will say about it is it is very very very hard to progress your nation, i am ten seasons in now with aberdeen and trying to get the SPL's rep up is proving impossible, so far i have only got the league up half a star, the problem is the other teams are shocking in european comps, i have done well, i have won the euro cup in the 9th season, and qualified out the group stages of the champs league 3 times, but most of the scottish teams struggle to get to the group stages of the euro cup and when they do they rarely win a game, i have taken to cheating a bit and making sure they all get through to at least the group stages by saving and reloading all the euro cup games, but it takes an age!! I also make sure the second place team makes it into the group stages of the champs league, but i dont know if i am doing more good than harm, they rarely win any games and which means they dont pick up many co-ef points.

I guess its all true to life so to speak but its frustrating none the less. Does anyone know if i would be better off leaving the teams to struggle naturally or if what i am doing will make the SPL better off?

Well if you dont mind about the "cheating" part,then sure,you are not doing them any hard making sure they win,as long as you make sure they enter the knockout groups.

I believe it does matter on which round will they go off when it comes to whether your league will get points or not,but in the long term it doesnt make any difference.

On the other hand,if you make sure they make it to the knockout groups,that will mean more cash for them and faster development.

So,unless you can stand reloading every single group stage until the groups,sure,go for it,it will benefit them.

I have managed for years in Wales and could bring the league to 92th place. Tv money and league prizes have rised but attendance has risen too little, I could not even get 2000 people per game, and players continued demanding higher wages, in fact, very high wages wich I could pay because of CL groups money. The rest of the year the club was just deficit

what i will say about it is it is very very very hard to progress your nation, i am ten seasons in now with aberdeen and trying to get the SPL's rep up is proving impossible, so far i have only got the league up half a star, the problem is the other teams are shocking in european comps, i have done well, i have won the euro cup in the 9th season, and qualified out the group stages of the champs league 3 times, but most of the scottish teams struggle to get to the group stages of the euro cup and when they do they rarely win a game, i have taken to cheating a bit and making sure they all get through to at least the group stages by saving and reloading all the euro cup games, but it takes an age!! I also make sure the second place team makes it into the group stages of the champs league, but i dont know if i am doing more good than harm, they rarely win any games and which means they dont pick up many co-ef points.

I guess its all true to life so to speak but its frustrating none the less. Does anyone know if i would be better off leaving the teams to struggle naturally or if what i am doing will make the SPL better off?

keep going im in 2031 and SPL has a rating of 4 stars, rangers and celtic have done very well in the champions league as have my team hibs. it takes time but the more you progress the easier the game gets. can now win the champ league no problems and so can rangers and celtic. at one point scotland had 7 teams in qualifying via the league to europe now down to 6 however.

keep going im in 2031 and SPL has a rating of 4 stars, rangers and celtic have done very well in the champions league as have my team hibs. it takes time but the more you progress the easier the game gets. can now win the champ league no problems and so can rangers and celtic. at one point scotland had 7 teams in qualifying via the league to europe now down to 6 however.

great to hear! thanks for the feedback ill keep going and see how i get on :)

Well, I played with just the Welsh league until the 2030s and, even though I got the league to be a top 15 league, players from the Scottish league, for example, did not want to sign for my club...even though the Scottish league was not even Top 30 by then. So it kinda works.

• 1 month later...

Does the performance of the National team do anything to help league reputation? I know it's not really the same thing, but if Canada somehow won the World Cup would you be able to expect that their league rep might increase as other teams and leagues might start looking at the Canadian leagues as a viable source of talent?

I'm considering buying FM2011, and the dynamic league reputation system seems interesting.

My question is: does it work ; has anyone seen evidence of it working?

The lure of helping build a low-quality league into the world's best is appealing.

It works in Europe...

Outside of Europe...

...it's a tad *! For example in Asia all it does it make the West Asian nations dominate for

. It essentially send a
down under with brutal
. Australia collapse to hell whilst nations like Saudi Arabia and Iran are like a bat out of hell for seemingly no reason, despite Eastern and particularly my Australian side dominating the Champions League in the final countdown each tounament.

So yes, it works if all you care about is Europe. It's buggered in Asia and I'm not sure about the America and Africa, but I hold little help.

Kind of sad in a way this wasn't in FM2010, I had a game as St Mirren there where I took them to world beaters, and do you know who I faced in one champions league final? Celtic. Celtic consistently did very good in that game, and we were ranked #3 league for the purpose of a best goalscorer thing, but of course was no actual rep change or prize money changes as the game didnt have it.

Still, hoping to one day maybe see northern ireland high-ranked, so far I've seen them drop *loads* but I'm slowly working them up - it's very slow though and incredibly difficult (and to be honest, I'm cheating by reloading at times for this save only, I've not the patience to do it the natural way).

AFAIK just getting teams into the group stages increases co-ef,at least a little, won't make much difference if it's already high. Example, I managed to get almost 2 guaranteed CL group spots with 2 teams making it to the CL group stage and 2 into the Euro League group stage (something like 10 co-ef a season min.).

Archived