Why does FM11 love injuries? And friendlies...

I don't mind it too much when I have a few 1st teamers out on injuries...all the time. No matter how good my fitness coaches and physios are. But it bugs me that injuries appear to plague EVERY CLUB, even non-user clubs.

onthedayofeccgroupstage.png

Now I'm not playing as Milan, but I kept seeing them lose in the ECC game against Spartak Moscow (i re-loaded a couple times), so I decided to take a look at their squad. And i saw this abomination. Now, I understand most of those players are out on International duty (Friendlies, mind you...which in real life, they'd probably turn down since they have a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GAME to play). 2 are suspensions. but six, SIX (6) are Injuries. and important players too - Ibra, Abbiati, and Nesta. Jankulovski and Inzaghi are solid players too.

I see 2 main problems with this:

1. injuries. need to be nerfed.

2. friendlies. 1st team internationals don't go to every meaningless friendly. Champions League > Friendly right after the WC, right?

2.5 Milan. The game hates them.

I've read around and found there's no true way to decrease injuries. Better fitness coaches w/ high Strength and Aerobic ratings help. But injuries just happen. All the time. Please FM11, "fix" this in next patch!

i dont agree with you on injuries, i have my players on hard training regimes and get very few injuries. But i agree with you on international friendlies, we can withdraw are players but what can the ai do? there should be some sort of priority code written with regarding fixtures...... something like: 1. world cup 2. champions league 3. all other internationals (except international friendlies) 4. domestic league games 5. domestic cup games 6. international friendlies 7. domestic friendlies.

i dont agree with you on injuries, i have my players on hard training regimes and get very few injuries. But i agree with you on international friendlies, we can withdraw are players but what can the ai do? there should be some sort of priority code written with regarding fixtures...... something like: 1. world cup 2. champions league 3. all other internationals (except international friendlies) 4. domestic league games 5. domestic cup games 6. international friendlies 7. domestic friendlies.

I agree with this, but I think certain players personalities should affect the order, for example some players would put club first, some internationals first.

re: injuries, yeah, I think I'm just disgruntled at the moment. I've played 3 files in FM11 - 1 as Racing in Argentina, 1 as Man U, and my current as Bayern. Racing was fine, almost no injuries. Man U was...meh. I seemed to always have 1~3 Defenders out injured, but at least it was defenders only. However, my current game as Bayern, it's ridiculous. I know Robben and Olic started hurt in real life, but Olic gets hurt for 1 month after his 1st game back. van Bommel missed a few weeks, Ribery gets hurt for 2 months, Gomez gets hurt for 2 months and now Muller is going to miss 6 months...and it just turned December! I've hired new, better fitness coaches and physios, but it appears to not matter... *sigh* I understand it truly is just "random", and I am aware of the hidden Injury rating for players.

I agree with this, but I think certain players personalities should affect the order, for example some players would put club first, some internationals first.

players dont have a choice when it comes to internationals, if they are fit to play they must play and there is a rule that gives the FA the power to ban any player who has refused to play for their national team when fit, something the English FA are going to start imposing because of the constant call offs they suffer.

The injuries are not totally random. There are certain time frames in the year when players get injured in training: pre-season, the month before the mid-season transfer window opens, the month after each transfer window closes, and the month before the last game of the season. There's not enough evidence for this, but if you do a statistic experiment on it, I'm sure you'll find some correlation.

Injuries in match are based on many different player attributes and the match engine.

Archived