Graphics Card Drivers

Would updating a graphics card driver really have a significant affect on how fast and fluid my game was? Playing the original FM11 (11.0) without any of the patches is fine, but as soon as the patches are downloaded the match engine seems very juddery. Bare in mind this is still comentary online, I don't use the 3d settings!

I wouldn't imagine the effect would be significant on 2D.

Sometimes updating drivers has a negative affect. I've just used gamebooster for the first time, which advised me of the newest drivers for my card. Unfortunately, these caused my gfx card to crash intermittently, and I had to rollback to the older version.

As per your other post Cazza update the drivers as tweaks with the graphics in subsequent patches can have an affect if your graphics card has an older driver.

Would updating a graphics card driver really have a significant affect on how fast and fluid my game was? Playing the original FM11 (11.0) without any of the patches is fine, but as soon as the patches are downloaded the match engine seems very juddery. Bare in mind this is still comentary online, I don't use the 3d settings!

Do you have an anti virus running at the same time as fm? If so set up so that when its scanning it does not scan any folders that fm uses. If this doesn't help then I would suggest mentioning this in the bugs forum and be sure to mention your full computer specs and how many leagues your using.

Archived