Is this the most ridiculous transfer you've ever seen?

As a manager of high flying Bury (we're in the Premiership) the most I've ever spent on a player is £13 million, for a young regen wonderkid. Now I'm not taking the moral high ground...but this is ridiculous.

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq176/jord86/JordanGriffiths.jpg

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq176/jord86/DarijoSrna.jpg

They have won 4 Champions League titles in the last 6 seasons, so they can definitely afford it, but still hilarious! Needless to say, that's also the highest fee I've ever seen paid for a player on the game, regardless of age.

Pellegrini is still their manager, for those who are interested.

Well to be honest Jordan Griffiths you have made the least amount of effort ever in trying to hide your name :thup:

Are you supposed to cover your name if you post a screenshot like this?

Yee, just personal preference. I don't but if you are going to then make a good job of it :)

Ok, I just got confused as in his first link, he has made no attempt at covering his name, so I assumed he wasn't bothered about people knowing his real name. :)

The most I've seen is 99m for a regen CB on last years FM. 99m. 2 seasons after he'd been sold for 32m. He was a great player(I'd brought him through on my liverpool team, but was always 2nd fiddle to others while I was there, as I had a better world class pairing.

This was a few months after it happened

2928lrt.jpg

This is one I've just booted up FM10 to get hold of, in 2038

4kz8e1.jpg

So an all around great CB(just past his best), but I'd never pay that much for 2 players let alone 1.

Also in the same team was this guy.

1zczakg.jpg

2yl636c.jpg

Silly money really. Liverpool were well rich though as I'd managed them to huge success in teh 2020's, made a fortune selling off players and bringing in cheaper ones, and then got a new chairman with huge cash reserves. So it was nothing to them.

Found this one earlier on a holiday game I am running:

Wages.png

TransferHistory.png

Apart from the fact that Villa have just signed him at 31 for £92.5m they are paying him £1m per week!

God knows what Wednesday where paying him when they signed him for £142m

And no, I haven't hidden my name - I'm actually not Peter Parker.

Infact, Looking at the transfer screen I have found a few more that I find just unbelievable:

Transfers.png

Checking Villa out who seem to be spending money like it grows on trees, they are worth £1.82B but have a debt of £142m

Details on Rojas:

Rojas.png

I assure you, these are all genuine

Make sure to adjust for inflation :rolleyes:

Fair point...

That's what I thought when I saw those absurd transfer fees... Probably 200M in 2030 will not look as silly as they look now... (compare 15M for Shearer in 96 and 35M for Carroll today...)

The question is: do money prizes, bonuses etc get gradually increased in the game to keep up with the players' increased value? I suspect they don't...

So the 6 odd millions you get for making the Champions League Group Stage will be good money in early years, while they'll barely be enough to buy yourself a backup some years into the game...

That should be fixed either way? ;)

It isn't.

That's why the £1.2m per week on wages looks wrong.

For some reason holidaying doesn't process transfers the same. I have gone up to 2030+ many times and the top transfers rarely break £100m however, when people holiday for 20 years the transfer fees are huge.

Not really a bug since holidaying isn't playing the game.

As a manager of high flying Bury (we're in the Premiership) the most I've ever spent on a player is £13 million, for a young regen wonderkid. Now I'm not taking the moral high ground...but this is ridiculous.

A fellow Bury manager! I've just won my 2nd Premier League title in 2027, a real labour of love that game.

Are you a Shaker IRL?

Archived