I feel our relationship has broken down and I've not got the patience to talk to you

In the Summer Mario Balotelli, my best player for Wolves, requested a move to a bigger club. I did the usual "I feel this club can grow and I want you to be a part of it" etc routine, but he wasn't having any of it, requesting a transfer which I denied. He now feels alienated, has missed training once, and when I try to have a private chat I get this message.

Is there any way of repairing our relationship and keeping him at the club?

Thing is he's still playing superbly, despite being unhappy.

He's a perfect fit for my tactics, has been banging in the goals and getting plenty of assists. Noone anywhere near his level will sign for me to replace him, trust me I looked.

if hes still scoring them keep playing him. worst case hes gonna run out his contract but when this happens to me i always get 1 more chance to talk to the player before he loses patienceagain and if you say the right thing you'll win him over.

i had the same with simon klear for me and he was open to talking again 6 months from his contract running out

must admit i must be the luckiest manager ever with him as ive never ever had a problem with balotelli :p

the big thing that annoys me about this is, would a player really refuse to let his boss talk to him?

its like having your boss come over to you, and putting your hand in his face saying talk to the hand.

Agreed. We would in training together everyday, yet it is impossible to say anything to him? What is he doing, closing his eyes and covering his ears whenever I try to speak to him?

Agreed. We would in training together everyday, yet it is impossible to say anything to him? What is he doing, closing his eyes and covering his ears whenever I try to speak to him?

Lol, and singing "LA LA LA LA LA!" at the same time.

That is what the real life Balotelli is doing to Mancini now. He is simply not listening but Mancini has no problems with that as long as he keeps on scoring goals for fun.

He has all the wrong attributes and is a petulant little brat the same as in real life. Any manager with a sense of discipline wouldn't have him anywhere near their team, just Mancini accepts it as he has no control over his players as we have seen this season. They are still a small club with vast resources so they have to let players of his calibre get away with things or risk losing them. You could say in reality the same principle applies to Chelsea too, another club run by it's players.

Anyway back on topic in my game I inherited him and after a falling out due to crap form he now resides in my U18's on a different training schedule from the others and has been there for 3 seasons now where he will remain until his contract expires (Another two years I think) He cost's my club nothing in wages as he fails to turn up to training so he's been docked two weeks wages for about three years running now.

I figure by the time his contract retires he will be flat broke and no club will touch him as his rep must be dropping all the time and his training is set to nothing so he will be fat!

In the Summer Mario Balotelli, my best player for Wolves, requested a move to a bigger club. I did the usual "I feel this club can grow and I want you to be a part of it" etc routine, but he wasn't having any of it, requesting a transfer which I denied. He now feels alienated, has missed training once, and when I try to have a private chat I get this message.

Is there any way of repairing our relationship and keeping him at the club?

I had the exactly the same situation with one of my players, he was even my best player by a mile, no chance of a replacement of a similar level. He stayed at the club for two years hating me, but banging in the goals. Eventually it got to the last year of his contract and I bit the bullet and touted him around, eventually selling for £20m (he's worth £50m now - ironically at Man City). He broke his leg the next week...

Definitely not, I can speak from experience here.

He got sent off in his second game, so I warned him.

No comment from him.

Then against Spurs, in my 5th game, he got a straight red in the first half.

Fined him a weeks wages, and that was it, he was on one.

Loaned him out in January thinking he'd forget, but he didn't.

Sold him in the end to Juve for £9 Million.

A great player, but a pain in the arse: Just like real life.

I've just noticed that despite acting like a whiny little b*tch he's in my clubs favoured personnel.

Bearing this and the fact that he's my top performer in mind, selling him really isn't an option.

Just drop him to the reserves, and he will come banging on your door requesting for an audience. Apologize for dropping him and all should be well... He will talk to you again. ;)

I'll try this.

Just drop him to the reserves, and he will come banging on your door requesting for an audience. Apologize for dropping him and all should be well... He will talk to you again. ;)

Well he talked to me, but now he's even more unhappy, despite me apologising to him.

Archived