Goalkeeper choice

I am fairly new to the game starting to get to know the basics. In my save my main gk got injured during training.

Now I have the choice to either use the 2 star severly lacking match fitness sub or the reserve team 1 star match fit gk.

I have been looking all over this and other forums but was not able to figure out how much this lack of fitness would hamper the gk. The main gk is out for about a month and will

Miss about 4 games.

Which would be the better choice?

Thanks.

Thank you for the feedback.

I went with the number 2 who lacked in match fitness. He let in 3 goals something I hadn't seen for a while but he still got a 6.7 and they blamed it on the defenders. Fortunately, my strikers and wingers recovered and also shot 3 goals to get a tie.

I played him again next game and he looked much more confident and actually saved a penalty. Got a 7.0. Now he is match fit.

In hindsight I think it would be better to go with the match fit reserve team goalkeeper even though he was rated as only 1 star. His stats are not that terrible and the match fitness does seem to take away confidence.

I will also from now on rotate my 2nd gk and the reseve team gk to let them both play reserve team to keep the #2 match fit in case this happens again.

Good learning experience.

Archived