Most frustrating save you do year after year....

For me, in every version, I've gone Bilbao at somepoint. The signing only Basque players rule gets infuriating after ten seasons or so. You find yourself playing some thirty-eight year old, past it, former star because there are no other options. You end up with stupid amounts of money but no-one to buy. It is very painful to watch a superstar on a free transfer but you can't sign him because he's Italian or Brazilian. Argh!

So what about you? What game drives you to distraction but you just feel the need to do it

International management, difficult but i feel i need to win international cups to get higher in the hall of fame. Plus helps me get work permits at my club with argentinian players who i feel are the best youth in fm11.

Do you think Bilbao are kind of racist?

Back in FM 08, I was very successful at managing in Germany. However, since 09 I've been frustrated to no end by the strange CA distribution for Bundesliga players. Take Ciprian Marica for example: back in 08 he was a decent striker, but now in 11, his attacking attributes are so ridiculously low that he's better off at a different position. All the rating changes have made the Bundesliga the most frustrating league for me to play.

racist would be them defining a certain race and not signing it i.e if they didnt sign black players.

but thats my opinion. they are what you would call nationalist definatly. but after what happend to them and the catalans you or i darent ever judge their policy.

And to op yes manchester city i always like to win the league first season and it takes me a few saves to do it but i attempt it ever year and have done it every fm since 2007 :) couldnt believe it when i did it on 07 was this summer wasnt even concentrating on the save really just flew by. i wish i was lying because i left that save thinking i dont know what i did right!

International management, difficult but i feel i need to win international cups to get higher in the hall of fame. Plus helps me get work permits at my club with argentinian players who i feel are the best youth in fm11.

Do you think Bilbao are kind of racist?

I'm not sure how they can get away with it under European employment law tbh. They can say they don't want to sign a player because he's mince or would cost too much but they can't turn down a player because he's German or Italian or even Spanish. Strange set-up.

They are signing players based on Nationality not race so I don't see how it is racist but they've certainly left themselves open to that accusation.

I'm not sure how they can get away with it under European employment law tbh. They can say they don't want to sign a player because he's mince or would cost too much but they can't turn down a player because he's German or Italian or even Spanish. Strange set-up.

They are signing players based on Nationality not race so I don't see how it is racist but they've certainly left themselves open to that accusation.

Well, equal rights legislation means that you cannot reject applicants for advertised positions solely on the grounds of their racial background. But since major football clubs don't advertise for playing positions it's a moot point - the club can simply decide not to purchase the playing rights of any player who doesn't fit their specifications. I don't know, but it may not even be enshrined in the club's constitution or equivalent, in which case there's really nothing that can be done to prevent it.

Anyway, as far as I know their policy is simply that a player must have received his football education in a Basque cantera or be of Basque descent. So both race and nationality are irrelevant. Bilbao gave a debut to Jonas Ramalho last year, who is half black Angolan.

Don't see how they can't. They're essentially enforcing their own version of what will be brought into football with having to have a certain amount of English players in an English team etc. Theres all different variations of it. Italian teams can only sign one non-eu player per season I think.

Every year I try and awaken the mighty Queen's Park from their slumber and every year the premier proves a bridge too far for the plucky amateurs. The save ends the same every year- I resign unable to decide if I respect them for their principles or hate the board for their stupidity.

Athletic Bilbao aren't racist. They are just proud Basques who want to develop local talent.

Real Sociedad however may well be considered racist. Why? Because although they have the same rule as Athletic they are allowed to sign foreigners but NOT non-Basque Spanish.

Again, its just a variation of legislation that will be introduced into English football but done by the club itself. An English club could decide to sign entirely English players, but it's not racist. If they refused to sign someone because they were black, thats racist.

Archived