Accessing retired players data.

I know why when a player retires, we can't get their info, as if the game kept it all, it'd slow the game down immensely. However, surely there's a way around it. Perhaps to mark a player/manager through his profile to have his data kept when he retires, or to have every retired player have their data kept for 1 season after retirement?

I just know it annoys me when I see a player has retired, that I can't see his stats. On my save in 2023, I'm Liverpool and have a game going with a transfer updated database, which I holidayed through to 2020 before taking Liverpool over. I'd have liked before I holidayed to have certain players marked to keep their data if they retired before I got back in the game. Or when Luis Suarez, who I'd had for a season when I took over, retired at the end of last season I had no warning, so his stats are pretty much lost forever.

Can't be that hard to implement surely? Though if someone with a knowledge of how the game data works tells me otherwise, fair enough.

A good idea would be if when you "shortlist" a player and he retires if it automatically showed you his biography in the "player x has announced his retirement" message in your inbox. It would give you one last time to view his achievements and would not need to incorporate saving needless player data which would slow the game down enourmously.

A good idea would be if when you "shortlist" a player and he retires if it automatically showed you his biography in the "player x has announced his retirement" message in your inbox. It would give you one last time to view his achievements and would not need to incorporate saving needless player data which would slow the game down enourmously.

That'd be good. If you could then check a box or something to save his data.

Personally I wouldn't mind an option in the preferences to keep the statistics of any retired players that have ever played for my club during my reign as manager and/or have won an international award at some point in their career. The numbers aren't that outrageous, because there shouldn't be much more than maybe 15 new players for your club each season, making it a manageable number even after a long time playing (750 player profiles after 50 seasons). It would also be a shame to lose long-time favorites like Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo even after they retired from the game.

On top of that it might be a good move to delay removing a retired player from the database for a week if there has been a news item in one of the human players' inboxes about him. It's always driven me nuts to read about someone retiring from professional football only to not be able to watch his profile anymore.

Archived