Winning the title on last day of the Season is always nice

englishpremierdivisionih.th.png

This was the league table before the last matches of the season. We were always behind City until the 37th game as we always had a game in hand over them. We played Everton away and they played Spurs away.

evertonvsunderlandsplit.th.png

This match was the most nerve racking of my Sunderland career, things started well when we took the lead at the start of the second half. Danny Wilson who had won the last match for us decided to commit a bad foul give away a a penalty and get sent off. Craig Gordon saved the penalty and then Everton scored in the 86th minute at that point I could see Man City were up 3-1 against Spurs and I thought our title dream was over. 18 year old academy defender Dale Hughes came on in the 68th minute in the 89th minute our winger crossed in a nice freekick and Hughes out jumped their defender to head the ball in and win us the title, his 6th game and first ever goal surely a club legend already or at least favoured personnel.

As much as FM frustrates me and it does a lot these types of wins are always what makes playing the game all worth it. I had already gone through losing the title on the last day so this was even better. I know that not many people will be interested but I had to tell someone lol.

On my current save, I'm in 2023, in my third season with Liverpool. While I'm running away with it now, and did last season, the first season was neck and neck for most of it. Then with 4 games to go, I played Man City and beat them, but then stumbled, and was one point ahead in the final game of the season. City won their game convincingly, 5-0, but I couldn't find away past my opposition defence(I'd been struggling to score goals all season against defensive sides, my top league scorer got 11. A situation which is no longer the case at all!). Then in injury time Shelvey hammered in a goal for me to take me 2 points clear of city, I literally jumped out of my chair in excitement. I love FM sometimes.

Archived