Will me being paid 5 euros a month, help the team?

One small question here. My Union Berlin board has offered me a new contract. I was being paid 20k up now, now they give me a deal at 38k. That's a little more than 200k extra at the end of the season, an ammount of money I can use somewhere else.

My question is this: Will it help my team's budget if I drop my demands to just 5 euros a month? I don't really care about the money I get, I just want my club to be a little more secure financially.

Thanks

I dont think it lets you do that. It would almost be like cheating. Not getting a wage so you club can have more money. I dont think you can ask for less than what they offer.

It doesnt make any real sense to ask for more though.

you can ask for a lot less than they offer. Of course if they pay you less it makes sacking you that much easier as there is less of a pay-off.

The upcoming season the board wants me to achieve a middle table finish, but I feel that this will be hard. Maybe what your saying is something I need to keep in mind, cause I can see them sacking me if I don't achieve at the end!

I'm sure it will help the club out a little financially as they will be paying you less, therefore there will be less expenditure each month. Won't make much difference but if you're managing a team financially sound. When I'm offered a new contract I always choose the lowest amount possible.

Well obviously, your personal salary affects the club finances. The money they pay you does come out of their funds.

FM is a simulation, and no one can realistically survive on 5 euros a month anyways (as said before, putting your personal wage to a unrealistic amount is the same thing as cheating). I wouldn't take a pay cut (but I would be fine accepting the same salary), even if I was at a small club.

Archived